Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Assuming they don't crash into the wall while starting their drive.

You know how you start to google something, go from one link to another and end up somewhere completly different?

1957_Mercury_Commuter.jpg

HOLY **** BATMAN! A 2 Door Wagon? With finns? Pillarless doors?

:love: ... if only it wasn?t pink ...

Mercury Commuter btw ...

Last edited:
Cool car, but I've always prefered the Chevy Nomad.

Two of the best conversations I've ever had today:
U-Pull-It office:
EyeMWing: "How much are you going to charge me if I come back with a differential cover?"
Hick: "I don't like sellin' diff covers cause it spills oil everywhere. I'll charge ya for the whole rear end."
[Note: A differential has 4 quarts of oil in it MAX. And if you buy a rear end without opening the differential to make sure it's still holding oil and hasn't grenaded, you're a goddamn idiot. And they don't have any problem at all with my going out there and pulling a radiator, in the process spilling gallons of coolant, oil and ATF on the ground]

Full service junkyard's office:
EyeMWing: "I have a 1991 Dodge Dakota and I need a diff cover."
Used car salesman looking dude with a bluetooth headset on: "We only do MY2000 and up"
EyeMWing: "The same part is on a 2005 Jeep Liberty."
Bluetooth dude: "Your truck is a 1991 Dakota, we only do MY2000 and up"
EyeMWing: "Fine, I have a 2005 Jeep Liberty and I need a diff cover."
Bluetooth dude: "Let me look that up for you.... We don't have one."
EyeMWing: "Are you checking for parts interchange?"
Bluetooth dude: "No."
EyeMWing: "Can you?"
Bluetooth dude: "No."
EyeMWing: "Can you check the other cars on this list?"
Bluetooth dude: "Some of those cars are older than 2000."
<walks out>

Mustang rolled over 58000 miles ~10 minutes ago. Should be about ready for the 60000 mile service next spring.

:D
That's ridiculous; I put over 2000 miles on my motorcycle alone in the last month. Though I guess I'd feel bad about putting that many miles on a Mustang (as clean as yours). Maybe. :lol:

Lexus had better name a special edition of their supercar the NT. It would be the Lexus LFA NT (elephant)

Though I guess I'd feel bad about putting that many miles on a Mustang (as clean as yours). Maybe. :lol:

Pish posh. When I get the engine either rebuilt or replaced to the point I trust the car on a nice long road trip it will start racking up the miles. It's a car, it will be driven.

It's clean, yes, but that's because I don't let it get dirty. It's amazing how easy it is to keep a car clean if you just hose it off when it gets dirty. Bird splat? 5 seconds with detailer spray and a microfiber. Dirty engine compartment? Either a quick spray with the low pressure tire and engine cleaner setting at a car wash, or my can of CD2 engine detailer and 10 minutes to wipe everything off (this gets done maybe once every two months). I don't trash the interior, so all it needs is a wipe down with interior detailer a couple times a month depending on how much driving I've been doing. As a sidebar, I should really should have stock in Meguiars, Mothers, and a few other companies.

just wanted to say that ig ot a very nice volvo 850 turbo manual estate grey with around 300k kilometer on it for 1750$. The previous owner had a book full of all the bill from every single stuff he had done on the car, i was just astonished by all the documentation he had for the car, he also had a 240dl and he is now getting a xc 70 so thats why he sold is 850 t5. in about 8 hour i going to our local automotive authorites for settling down everything for the owner change and and i will take picture of it.

They sold manual turbos in North America? Must b a Kanukian thing.

just wanted to say that ig ot a very nice volvo 850 turbo manual estate grey with around 300k kilometer on it for 1750$. The previous owner had a book full of all the bill from every single stuff he had done on the car, i was just astonished by all the documentation he had for the car, he also had a 240dl and he is now getting a xc 70 so thats why he sold is 850 t5. in about 8 hour i going to our local automotive authorites for settling down everything for the owner change and and i will take picture of it.

Congrats! Be sure to post a thread in the Post Your Car forum with proof!

well sadly first pic might have to be done with my cell cam as my dad took our real camera on his trip but i will.