What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

Picked up this from IKEA today. A 95c apple corer thingy. Yup, I drove two hours and roughly 100km or so through the city and back and this is all I had to show for it :p

I dont even have any apples...
This is always the way it works with IKEA. But 70c for glass tea light holders is fucking amazing :p

Last time I was at IKEA, I spent more in the restaurant than I did in the shop. I bought a cheese grater.

99% of the tools in my city wear it with the stickers...it is awesome when a prof calls them out on it and makes fun of it.

The sticker from my hats goes in the trash within about the first 30 seconds of ownership.

my parents went away on holiday and as a thank you for looking after the dog and a bunch of other things they got me
13562629x.jpg

and
6072349x.jpg

both games are freaking impressive. Transformers especially. i am officially nerd'ing out.

This is always the way it works with IKEA. But 70c for glass tea light holders is fucking amazing :p

Last time I was at IKEA, I spent more in the restaurant than I did in the shop. I bought a cheese grater.

I didn't buy anything in the restaurant. We briefly considered it but decided we could do better elsewhere (Red Rooster, as it turned out haha). I was only there because we're thinking of buying a new bed and I wanted to establish a baseline for price and quality before moving on to specific bedding retailers Makin Mattresses, Bed e Buys, etc. Turns out IKEA aren't dramatically cheaper than anyone else, the quality is rubbish and there were no styles we were particularly keen on anyway.

Dunno why everyone raves about the place, it's a vile, hateful, characterless store that's only interested in separating you from your money. You're pretty much forced to follow their route around the store, visiting every department and along the way being held up by the elderly looking for a bath mat, and single mothers pushing a pram with a bawling lung, with their hideous five year old in tow. The products were largely shoddy and there were lots of them, all marked down and all positioned right in your way. Especially junk like apple corers stuffed into giant boxes with massive 95c signs hanging over the display, marked down from $4.99.

Customer service appears non existant (they even have signs explaining how they've done away with customer service people to provide cheaper goods). 95% of the time that's a good thing because most big retail stores such as Big W, Bunnings, etc hire kids who have little to no idea about any of the products they're supposed to be selling, treat you like crap, and have little interest in their job. But there's only so far you can take it before it gets a bit ridiculous. A bed is probably the sort of item one would like to have a bit of assistance with as I know very little about them apart from the fact they're horizontal and you rest on them, and I'm happy to pay the extra price if it means I can get reliable information from a guy who knows his shit and is enthusiastic about it (the bloke from Bed e Buys was great).

So yeah, in short, fuck IKEA :p

Husqv 323r-II. Love it.

gallery_1014_46_125502.jpg

Got back from Qatar last night, picked up a few things for the family.

For dad:
51TLAeJuRkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Got the new TG mag, a few souvenir Qatar 2022 mugs and phone pouch

https://pic.armedcats.net/t/te/techz/2010/07/02/Q22A-205_thm.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/t/te/techz/2010/07/02/Q22A-209kb_thm.jpg

A 50cc, 4-stroke chinese scooter of unknown brand. Will serve as a commuter vehichle so i can stack up some money to put either in the Vaz or in my Peugeot. ?120.

Oh for goodness sake.......a normal moped wasent bad enough? :p

Husqv 323r-II. Love it.

gallery_1014_46_125502.jpg

My parents have 3 or 4 Huskie chainsaws. One of them is older than I am, it starts up and works better than all the other new ones (less than 5 years old) they have.

My parents have 3 or 4 Huskie chainsaws. One of them is older than I am, it starts up and works better than all the other new ones (less than 5 years old) they have.

I just hope it won`t break down just after warranty...

command__conquer_4_tiberian_twilight_frontcover_large_WkWsDjud5a8LSlN.jpg

oh god get your money back now that game is horrifically terrible.

my parents went away on holiday and as a thank you for looking after the dog and a bunch of other things they got me
Transformers Game
and
6072349x.jpg

both games are freaking impressive. Transformers especially. i am officially nerd'ing out.

I'm actually in the middle of Singularity, been playing it all day. It's really quite fun, and very very immersive, although I of course am playing it on PC.

Last edited:
Hein Gericke Devon III sheltex? Jacke, schwarz
i27cr7.jpg

Hein Gericke Crafty sheltex? Hose, schwarz
f5966f.jpg

Alpinestars Stella Tyla Handschuhe, schwarz
1124px1.jpg

Bullson Manx Stiefel, schwarz?
23k22ht.jpg

Lazer Granville, schwarz
f1wjnd.jpg

To accompany this: