The "New Toys" Thread

Nope, I'd hitbuy it now. Well, I wouldn't, but I sort of would, if you understand where I'm going with this.

Just for fun, here's a couple quick and dirty photoshops of that B&O TV without the speaker grille everyone seems to dislike.

Still as ugly?
So, you've essentially turned it into a Beovision 7-40...? :p

Anyways, I have inherited my fondness for B&O stuff from my dad, I already have a Beomaster 2000 (with a pair of Dantax Tube speakers) in my apartment in Oslo. What I appreciate with B&O is the excellent sound quality and the futuristic style they adopted from the mid 80s and onwards. It's only about 10 years ago that B&O knock-off design started to appear on mainstream brands. What I also appreciate is the longevity of their products, I used an old Beomaster 3000 (In teak finish) from 1970 not that long ago, our old Beovision LX lasted about 25 years. The Beovision 10 my dad bought now is only his third television set. At home here, it's been pretty much B&O only for as long as I remember. My dad also recently bought a complete Beosystem 5000 with a pair of Beovox RL 140, for the "nostalgic feel"... :p

Wish I could find a 5000 system. Though to be honest I'd rather have a 7000 or 8000 system. I do love the RL 60.2s I have now though, they're surprisingly good speakers with my Luxman system.

Sure a lot of the stuff they do now is overpriced, but most of the stuff I like is their older stuff which was higher quality and built solidly.

Awesome audio quality is awesome. First time I've had headphones since before earbuds became all the rage. Now if only the Canada Post man would come with my replacement sleeves for my Shure SE115s. I don't understand why everyone will sell you earphones but not carry replacement sleeves, plus Shure is retarded and apparently doesn't allow retailers to ship them internationally (also, strangely, they're $5 less in Canada than the US) otherwise I would have them now.

audio-technica_ath-m50.jpg

Well, Ramseus, of course they're great. They're studio monitor headphones. They cost a pretty buck, but you really can't get better than that. Also, I can vouch for Audio-Technica's fidelity, superb. I got the ATH-M30, though ... had other things to buy as well, so I had to go cheap.

Does that work also with mounted radars that go in standby mode? That's the latest thing they got over here

It has a European mode that enables higher Ka (?) frequency and I believe what you're referring to is POP radar. Yes, it works against it, but it's still a gamble :/

Can't believe I paid $30 for this, but it was worth it just to not have to deal with grabbing the end of the cable and plugging it in. (I'm lazy!)

Last image was taken using the iPhone 4 in a not that well lit room.

Awesome audio quality is awesome. First time I've had headphones since before earbuds became all the rage. Now if only the Canada Post man would come with my replacement sleeves for my Shure SE115s. I don't understand why everyone will sell you earphones but not carry replacement sleeves, plus Shure is retarded and apparently doesn't allow retailers to ship them internationally (also, strangely, they're $5 less in Canada than the US) otherwise I would have them now.

<snip>

I have the same. The fake leather is peeling off after about 1.5yrs of (heavy) use, but the sound is as good (if not better) than when I received it (and it cost 100$ just to ship it from USA to Mauritius D: )