iRacing.com Motorsports Simulations

There's been a lot of whining about that for the past 2 seasons. I'd expect more of a change for season 3. Season 2's Skippy schedule only changed by one track from season 1.
Being that this is my first season, you would think they would release the schedule about a month in advance.

How many series do yall typically do at a time?

Being that this is my first season, you would think they would release the schedule about a month in advance.

How many series do yall typically do at a time?

They'll probably release the schedule in week 12 of the current season.

For a normal person, one is probably enough. I drive about an hour to two hours every day and I'd struggle to be genuinely competitive in two series'. Next season I will probably focus on the Mustang while running one other, either the Skippy or the Star Mazda, for fun and when it suits me (my pre-order credits plus my participation credits will give me a free car at the end of this season and I'll probably end up with the Mazda).

Just did an SRF race on Summit Point.

6 laps to the end, I'm in 5th and I have a spin at Turn 4, and the 6th place guy, who I had passed at the previous Turn 2, got to go back around me along with a couple other cars. Cut to the final lap, and I'm on the same guy's tail. I get slightly more speed then him out of the final turn and we drag race to the finish line. I end up in 5th place ahead of him with a time difference of 0.002 seconds. I bet he was pissed.

Just did an SRF race on Summit Point.

6 laps to the end, I'm in 5th and I have a spin at Turn 4, and the 6th place guy, who I had passed at the previous Turn 2, got to go back around me along with a couple other cars. Cut to the final lap, and I'm on the same guy's tail. I get slightly more speed then him out of the final turn and we drag race to the finish line. I end up in 5th place ahead of him with a time difference of 0.002 seconds. I bet he was pissed.
I just did a race at 8:30 PST. I wonder if we were in the same race. I started 2nd, but had a wreck at the end of the first lap. Ended up 8th, although I swore I was in 10th.

^ What times do you guys get on Summit Point with the SRF? I can't get below 1.26.200

^ What times do you guys get on Summit Point with the SRF? I can't get below 1.26.200

I dropped into the mid 1:25s last night after I did a suspension tweak. I had set up the car so that it wouldn't oversteer, especially on throttle. Now that I've comfortable with it, I'm backing down on some settings so it will have a little more oversteer. Mostly I want a touch of lift-off oversteer, and some throttle oversteer as well. Before, coming out of the corners, it would plow ahead. Great for not spinning, but not so much on the getting-low-lap-times endeavor.
I'll probably do another practice sessions or two before I make it more unstable. I mostly just gave it more negative front toe and upped the spring perch in the front as well.

My best time is around 1:25.2, but I tend to average around 1:27 during a race. And Shentar, I think we were. I had to dodge two cars (I think 2nd and 3rd place) spinning out at the end of the first lap.

EDIT: Just posted a 1:24.968

Last edited:
My best time is around 1:25.2, but I tend to average around 1:27 during a race. And Shentar, I think we were. I had to dodge two cars (I think 2nd and 3rd place) spinning out at the end of the first lap.

EDIT: Just posted a 1:24.968

It wasn't a good race. We collided, although watching the replay, the other guy pulled out and took out a couple of others cars. I just sat there, offline, but on track, and let everyone pass. I start well at all the SRF races, but I haven't made it through a first lap without being taken out. In some ways, this is worse than the Solstice races. I looked at all the races, and thankfully, its not all me thats at fault.

I find the quality of racing much higher in SRF. There are situations that would take out half a Solstice field that seem to go quite smoothly in SRF. Of course there is bound to be incidents. Because of this, I tend to be quite timid around other cars. If I don't have a clear lead on someone else's line, I back off. If I am faster than the driver in front of me but don't have an obviously clear lane to overtake, I just stay where I am.

The problem I'm having now (at least tonight) is not my driving ability, but my racing ability. I find myself unable to react effectively when presented with a situation occurring in front of me, resulting in spinning myself out. Amazingly I've yet to crash out of an SRF race, but I'm losing top 5 position for mistakes in this situations. It isn't all bad news though. Trying to climb my way back up the positions gives me some great lap times. I just got a 1:24.583. I still can't comprehend how some people get 22s though.

Fun fact. The real Summit Point track record in an SRF is a 1:24.68.

Question: do you guys use the paddle shifters in the SRF (if you have any)? I tried it (since the SRF has a sequential box) but preferred the shifter by far. It seemed like the paddles had really bad reaction times.

I use paddles for every car.. No issues with reaction times? I'm only using a DFP. She gets the job done though! I wanna upgrade to a G27... Just can't justify it!

Never will I use a shifter for a race sim until I find one that works like a car's...Paddles all the way.

Question: do you guys use the paddle shifters in the SRF (if you have any)? I tried it (since the SRF has a sequential box) but preferred the shifter by far. It seemed like the paddles had really bad reaction times.

The SRF has an H-pattern my good sir. It's a car from the 80's don't ya know.

Yeah. Speaking from expirence with the actual cars, its an H-pattern. It looks like a sequential because there isn't a gate around it, but it is an H-pattern.

I use the paddles. I have tried the shifter and just can't get used to it.

^Ahah I stand corrected, I assumed it was sequential because of the lack of a gate.
And I hope iRacing will soon introduce a good transmission and clutch model.

I'll try the shifter again, it might lower my times a bit :)

How could you even enjoy using the shifter especially on the g25/27?? It's rubbish.