The Android thread

91 was only a security update, all the fancy stuff came with FRF83. Flash is definitely awesome.

91 was only a security update, all the fancy stuff came with FRF83. Flash is definitely awesome.

I know, but 91 was my first taste of Froyo.

Edit: just found out that froyo handles animated gifs properly. :dance:

Last edited:
Is there an application that will handle mms and IM/Gtalk etc?

Well, after a minor snafu with updating to Froyo yesterday, I'm finally using the latest build. And damn, is it nice...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Your signature inspired me to try tapatalk again, but I'm still not sure if I like it. Maybe the issue is more that I don't really need it on this phone.

Your signature inspired me to try tapatalk again, but I'm still not sure if I like it. Maybe the issue is more that I don't really need it on this phone.

I only use it when I'm not on a wifi connection. It's much faster for browsing on the EDGE network, which I keep my phone in...

The new car home in Froyo is really improved compared to the one from Android 2.1.

Hmm... visually I prefer the one from 2.1. The diagonal curve just seemed more pleasing to the eye.

Hmm... visually I prefer the one from 2.1. The diagonal curve just seemed more pleasing to the eye.

Visually I agree. Functionnaly tough the 2.2 one is miles ahead of the old one, and I'm a function over form kinda guy.

samsungepicgalaxysdhos.jpg

And much like John Kerry during the presidental election, I can be accused of flip flopping. :p

Technology moves too fast. :)

Galaxy S, sprint is calling it something else, so is tmobile.

T-Mobile's calling it the Vibrant, but it doesn't have the keyboard.

I want one quite badly, although I must admit I'm not thrilled about the Samsung UI that's going to be thrown over android 2.1

Behold, the Sprint Epic 4G. It's the Samsung Galaxy S with a keyboard (previously and unofficially dubbed the Galaxy S Pro), the second Wimax device for Sprint (there's that other phone called the Evo 4G) and the first for Samsung. It's got the same 4-inch Super AMOLED screen that we've been dying to get our hands on here in the United States. It's got Android 2.1 and Sammy's custom user interface. It's got 3G and 4G Wifi hotspot access for up to five devices, 802.11 b/g/n/, that 1GHz Hummingbird processor that we're itching to try, and a 5MP camera with a 3x digital zoom and 720p video recording.
http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint-epic-4g-samsung-galaxy-s-keyboard

6559832.png

I was kind of hoping it'd be faster than that, and it's a bit surprising that a server half way across the country was the fastest.

Last edited:
6564406.png

Not bad, although I don't get why it says a city 30 miles away is over 300 away.

So, what kind of data speeds are you guys getting? I just downloaded the speedtest.net app and got this:

http://www.phyrefile.com/image/view/ErL9kdX5y1MMwNai][URL]https://pic.armedcats.net/i/ic/icebone/2010/07/06/6557749.png[/URL][/url]

After the test you go to the results tab, select the result you want, hit menu and send result (then choose the one you want, it'll contain the link to the speedtest.net generated .png.

It varies greatly by signal strength for me (also thanks to HTC flash player I've been using the regular website since I got the phone on 1.5 :p)

I'll run a test but I'm not in any location I could normally be found in.

6568530.png

Not bad for T-Mobile, out in the sticks.

Last edited: