Bugatti Veyron once again claims the title with the 267.9 mph Supersport

269 mph?

:motherofgod:

it could have been faster but traffic and trucks kept getting in the way...

let me draw your attention to this ...

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/07/04/bugatti-veyron-16-4-super-sport-sets-land-speed-record-at-267-81

[...]all production models will be electronically limited to 257.9 mph to protect the tires

Here is our new Bugatti Veyron, it can do 267 mph! You want to do that? No, really sorry but it isn?t safe to do that, so we can?t let you (our customer who came here to buy a car that does 267) actually do it. It?s more of a theoretical speed for our buyers, not an actual one.

To be fair ... apart from record breaking ... 257/267 doesn?t really make any difference ...

edit:
I really don't wanna do this[...]
<_<... then why did you? you make me look all stupid and slow :canadian:

Last edited:
Do they really need to do even that? I heard the record run for the SSC was on some fairly short stretch of closed highway somewhere. It would be interesting to see what it could do on a state-of-art high speed test track like the Bugatti.

BTW, I was told that Bugatti never really cared about holding any records and couldn't care less about the Guinness book of records recognizing it. :?

One of the original goals of designing the car was for it to have 1000hp and go over 250mph. They were more just arbitrary goals rather than record-breaking goals. Koenigsegg definitely wanted the fastest production car title and I'm surprised they kind of backed off from that.

This makes me think of that Dagger GT, I wonder if someone properly built a wedge with a 2000hp twin turbo 9.4 litre V8 would it go faster than this? probably. But it's too bad whatever company is making the Dagger has almost no credibility at all.

But for this new Veyron? I never saw it coming and really never expected 200hp to gain them this much more top end.

You can see the massive intakes here, two at the top and one on each side. Chop off the ones at the top and fill up the ones on the side, I'm sure the drag will come right down... but then the engine will die :cry:

That's what they did.

z8102330X,Bugatti-Veyron-16-4-Super-Sport.jpg

I don't think they should've done this. I think they should've just let the Veyron be.

One of the original goals of designing the car was for it to have 1000hp and go over 250mph. They were more just arbitrary goals rather than record-breaking goals. Koenigsegg definitely wanted the fastest production car title and I'm surprised they kind of backed off from that.

To be honest I'm very surprised by Konigsegg recently, I mean as far as I know there's never BEEN a true top-speed run of the CCXR, and back with the CC8S they were all about the fastest production car record, now nothing is going on with them in that regard.

while it's been fun, i'm glad this is the end of the veyron run. (it is, innit?) Now that the Veyron can be put back in to the shed where it belongs, it's time for a new hypercar to take the stage. the vaporware companies should keep their stuff secret and geth the plans to the manufacturers with the cred and the cash. that way there could be a whole new crop of recordbreakers out there.

They haven't made many Veyrons. I have no problem with them milking it, they need to recoup some of their investment.

If history teaches us anything... the successor should be faster anyway?

I don't care what you all say but I like the SuperSport! The rear is a bit effy but I like the colour scheme :p.....I wonder if its something to do with all the Porsche 911 GT3 RS wallpapers I have

Last edited:
That car in all black Carbon fiber with black wheels, please. Imagine taking that thing out on the Autobahn at night.
I'd just need someone to do an override for that Speed Key system, because when you set off in speed mode, and hit the brakes, you're back in handling mode and can't do more than 370kph. Then you'd have to stop again, because you have to open the door to insert the Speed Key (I wonder who thought of that idiotic system; why not simply put a switch inside the car?). And yes, I'm sure that one could find a piece of Autobahn where you can do 415kph at night.
That power gauge is without a doubt the coolest thing ever to be fitted in a car's interior.

You could do 415 on the A215 during the day.

Alternatively, any Autobahn tomorrow from 8pm :lol:

Last edited: