2010 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread

Honestly, that's complete and utter bullshit! Cant wait until Webber completely shows Vettel up at the next race. Red Bull have been pathetic in their treatment of Webber this season. I used to like Red Bull too, but now I'd sooner see Alonso win than that spoilt German.

I hope it's only temporary until Red Bull build a new chassis.

Last edited:
Let me get this straight. Webber is getting the broken chassis Vettel used to race?

Uh, so you're going all up in arms because Webber will apparently get a used and repaired chassis that had previously been used by Vettel, with the alternative being getting a used and repaired chassis that had previously been in a massive crash. :blink:

I guess if they'd gone the second route, some people would say Webber's getting shafted because he has to continue with a tub that's been through the stress of a huge crash.

No the alternative would be a new chassis, which is only reasonable after a shunt like that for a team of that size.

Anyway:

One interesting observation is that Red Bull has a setting on the engine, whereby the ignition is retarded on the over run, which maintains exhaust gas pressure even when the driver lifts off the throttle. This maintains the performance of the blown diffuser and keeps the downforce up when it?s most needed. It?s not something you can do for more than a lap or two as it damages the engine, but it gives that vital fraction of a second which keeps Red Bull ahead of the rest in qualifying.

From JA website. Clever bastards.

No the alternative would be a new chassis, which is only reasonable after a shunt like that for a team of that size.

Anyway:

From JA website. Clever bastards.

How is that legal, aren't you suppose not to touch it. Besides they don't make engines...or is that not exactly an engine feature?

On topic of chassis:
Vettel didn't like his old and he was given new. Webber crashed and he doesn't get new. That is fucked up.

They can still have engine settings that can be changed on the steering wheel.

The engines are virtually spec and the ECU is spec, but the integration in the car is different from team to team and it's up to the engineers to exploit the ECU programming to whatever level they wish to. And if Red Bull's engineers discovered how to program that using the spec ECU, it just means they were more creative.

Is there a limit on how many chassis each team can construct? I understand they can only bring a third tub to a race (and said tub must be mostly bare).

Also, Vettel won with Chassis #3 in Malaysia, so it does support the view that something was damaged in a subsequent race which affected it's perception by Vettel and not a sign the chassis was improperly manufactured. So if Red Bull properly repaired it, it should be no worse than Weber's original Chassis #1 and Vettel's "new" Chassis #2.

Is there a limit on how many chassis each team can construct? I understand they can only bring a third tub to a race (and said tub must be mostly bare).

Also, Vettel won with Chassis #3 in Malaysia, so it does support the view that something was damaged in a subsequent race which affected it's perception by Vettel and not a sign the chassis was improperly manufactured. So if Red Bull properly repaired it, it should be no worse than Weber's original Chassis #1 and Vettel's "new" Chassis #2.

They can build as many chassis as they like, but they can only take three to a race meeting. Depending on how much damage they take during the year and on the amount of funding available, teams may build anything from 3 to 8-9 chassis during a season.

i hope webber qualifies before vettel next race :cool:

I'd like to add just this to the Hamilton debate: How can you drive past a big sliver car flashing FOLLOW ME? If he could go past, they would have signalized him with green flashes.

I'd like to add just this to the Hamilton debate: How can you drive past a big sliver car flashing FOLLOW ME? If he could go past, they would have signalized him with green flashes.

This has been argued to death. There's nothing anyone can add to the debate whether they're in defense of Hamilton or otherwise. It's water under the bridge now, I suggest we drop it :).

I have actually fucked up. Wrong thread. Didn't notice, sorry. Ignore...

Well even if it's the wrong place I'd answer that.

When Ham could see the writing, he could still pass it as SC line wasn't crossed yet. You look at this picture and tell me if you can see what the back of SC is saying at that moment.
http://img202.imageshack.**/img202/6330/hamvsc.jpg

Does an F1 driver live in the sky? And yes I watched the clip...FOLLOW ME.