Random Thoughts....

Sorry to hear about your loss Coco :comfort:

On an unrelated subject, why would you need your bicycle with you on public transport? They have those bus racks on TTC buses, and I saw someone actually use one yesterday (Only the second time I've ever seen it in use), so I began wondering that.

They're going somewhere where buses don't go and don't want to ride all the way?

Since I've been granted the corpse of the XPS M1210 (again), what should (read: can without other components exploding) replace the Graphics card with. The original one is a Nvidia GeForce Go 7900 GS

Last edited:
I replaced Geforce 7600 with 8600 GT on my dads Amilo, and underclocked it with Rivatuner. (since my dad doesn't play games)

edit: It runs slightly hotter with standard clocks, but it's not too bad. And I couldn't get the fan to react to gpu heating. Not a huge problem because mostly when you load the GPU the CPU heats up too.
edit2: also, the heatsink didn't make direct contact to the chip, but it was easy to modify with little copper plate and thermal paste.

Last edited:
'Tis official. Bunnies make the world a better place.

Will something on the likes of the GeForce 9M fit, I'm thinking 9300M GS but will settle with making the damn thing working again. The a 8 Series is out because they all have the same issue that caused my 7900GS to conk out.

I replaced Geforce 7600 with 8600 GT on my dads Amilo, and underclocked it with Rivatuner. (since my dad doesn't play games)

edit: It runs slightly hotter with standard clocks, but it's not too bad. And I couldn't get the fan to react to gpu heating. Not a huge problem because mostly when you load the GPU the CPU heats up too.
edit2: also, the heatsink didn't make direct contact to the chip, but it was easy to modify with little copper plate and thermal paste.

He's talking about a laptop, it's usually not worth it to replace the GPU though it might be if you can find a dead one (from some other fault) and extract it. Honduran equivalent of Craig's List?

As for what models would work, I'd stick with what you got or was also available on that model, notebook drivers can be really finicky.

Last edited:
nonexistent.

I'm looking for another one because the GeForce Go 7 and GeForce 8M are waay to susceptible too temperature changes, not a very good thing on a notebook with the cooling properties of a Barbecue.

Last edited:
Possibly, although I'd figure it would be more convenient to walk the rest of the way rather than haul your bike there.

Except that you go much faster on a bike opposed to walking, which is pretty convenient.

edit: also, I'm going to have to start watching that new Salvage Code Red show. They follow two salvage companies, one being Titan Salvage, which you may remember from their escapades on the Cougar Ace, the ship that had 4000 Mazdas that were all destroyed after they were rescued. If you don't remember, here's the thread -> http://forums.finalgear.com/off-topic/the-race-to-save-the-cougar-ace-27162/ <- the article is long form, it's definitely a long read but it's totally awesome.

Last edited:
He's talking about a laptop, it's usually not worth it to replace the GPU though it might be if you can find a dead one (from some other fault) and extract it.

As was I. 100 euros for a GPU on ebay or (then) 700? for similar spec new laptop? If it is MXM spec GPU changing it is fairly easy, just like on desktop. Drivers can be found on laptopvideo2go.com (on nvidia) There's also a forum, where you can find help for replacing the graphics card to notebook.

Yeah, should have written 7600 Go and 8600M. But it was 5 AM.

Last edited:
http://img514.imageshack.**/img514/9541/img0014aq.jpg
http://img37.imageshack.**/img37/7783/img0016xl.jpg

This is why I'm in the hole $1500. Not my car. I wasn't even driving. Yet I'm coughing up the money because it was all my fault.

I didn't even know someone could drive so poorly as to disintegrate a clutch like that.

:blink:

that's ............... an achievement. Of sorts.

so, not your car, you not driving....how your fault?

Long story short:

I borrowed my cousin's A4 (2007, with 36000 km on it), to go look for my keys that I'd lost the day before. I spent five hours driving everywhere, looking for them. Around midnight, I gave up, and wanted to take a break so I picked up a couple of friends, to grab some tea and relax for an hour or so. One of the friends I picked up asked me if he could drive the car. I was tired, and I have a hard time saying "no" to close friends, so I let him.

Halfway to our destination, he decided to stretch the legs a little, not peeling out, but just nearing redline per gearshift. I let him do it because I was too tired to actually speak to anyone at the time, and was too pissed off about the keys. Shifting from first to second he was fine, second to third, he did some sort of misshift. We didn't hear anything, but he started panicking and I sort of woke up from my daze and told him to calm down and not panic, and just change gears like a human being. He tried to shift it from third to fourth, and after the car got out of third, it wouldn't go into fourth, from neutral. The clutch pedal was also stuck to the floor.

I knew right at that point that this was going to be bad.

Now my friend doesn't realise that it's his fault, and is probably not going to pay for it, I cannot tell my cousin that some stranger (to him) was driving his car and ruined it, so I'm footing the bill.

I'm an idiot.

Maybe try the approach that "This is long term abuse" and suggest at least you both go halves....

But better that you didn't drive that tired and wrap you all around a tree.....

This kid slays me.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2010/07/06/2010-07-06_barefoot_bandit_strikes_again_colton_harrismoore_suspected_of_crashing_another_s.html
No doubt he will one day end up in prison(or dead), but until he actually hurts someone I can't help rooting for him.

His elevation to folk hero who takes from the rich and outwits his pursuers at every turn irks those pursuers. "Somebody owned those cars. Someone worked their butt off for those boats." said Dean.

I wanted to see if you would root for him if he stole something from you. <_<
Really, how can people elevate him to folk hero for STEALING STUFF AND DOING STUPID THINGS?!?
*sigh*