Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

The chick in the car, in the train version of the commercial, that says "...so we can get to the city" is hot. Not hot enough to make me want to buy an Avalon, as I understand she's merely a serving suggestion, but damn...

Last edited:
Now I -am- sure that insurance company are full of mad people trying to make our lives a living hell.

A friend of mine just bought a Camaro from the US (the v6 version). Yes, the car is being shipped these days and should be here in a couple of weeks. Since for european standards it is a sporty car, it has a 304 hp (average here is 120) engine v6 3.6 liters (average here is 1.8), I figured he would have paid -a lot- in insurance. But no, he's going to pay LESS then what I am paying now for my VW Golf diesel with less than half the power...

I feel cheated.

Older car or non-euro pollution standards do that in some weird cases. What year is the car?

If he crashes it I bet the insurance premium for all two italian Camaros go through the roof ;)
I assume it's a 2010 model.

Actually, I don't know the exact year, it should be either a 2009 or 2010.

I was out shopping and while I was walking through the parking lot I got a boner.

I saw an immaculate black Alfa Romeo 164S. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me. It was incredbibly clean, even the interior was nice and shiny. I wonder what the designation S meant. The car was bone stock, it was a manual, it had alloys (but not the phone dial type), it had the factory rear spoiler, and it also had the side skirts and bumpers that I've only seen on the Q4 model. I stood by the car for about 15 minutes, hoping that the owner will show up, but he didn't.

It was sublime!

svr43019.jpg

svr43021.jpg

svr43020.jpg

svr43017.jpg

If you don't get one by Saturday, I might be able to dig one up when I get home.

Still haven't found one, not even a real book in any of the nearby libraries.

Well my search for any sort of vehicle has come to a halt. Seems that I just can't afford one in the area I live, its too rural to fund the millages I'd have to do.

Now looking to move out closer to civilisation instead but if I do all my money will go on rent, and there won't be enough for a car. I might get a motorcycle instead but it looks unlikely I'll even be able to afford that.

Gah, looks like I'm just as far away from owning a car as I was when I was 14. :(

Gah, looks like I'm just as far away from owning a car as I was when I was 14. :(

Welcome to the UK, IMHO.

What you could do is acquire a project motorcycle and build it up yourself. Should solve the problem neatly.

Now I -am- sure that insurance company are full of mad people trying to make our lives a living hell.

A friend of mine just bought a Camaro from the US (the v6 version). Yes, the car is being shipped these days and should be here in a couple of weeks. Since for european standards it is a sporty car, it has a 304 hp (average here is 120) engine v6 3.6 liters (average here is 1.8), I figured he would have paid -a lot- in insurance. But no, he's going to pay LESS then what I am paying now for my VW Golf diesel with less than half the power...

I feel cheated.

Obviously it is time for you to buy the faster V6 Mustang. :p

I was out shopping and while I was walking through the parking lot I got a boner.

I saw an immaculate black Alfa Romeo 164S. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me. It was incredbibly clean, even the interior was nice and shiny. I wonder what the designation S meant. The car was bone stock, it was a manual, it had alloys (but not the phone dial type), it had the factory rear spoiler, and it also had the side skirts and bumpers that I've only seen on the Q4 model. I stood by the car for about 15 minutes, hoping that the owner will show up, but he didn't.

It was sublime!

It is easy to keep the car looking good if it never gets driven. :p

2011 V6 Mustangs are already showing up in rental fleets and on the road, so they're definitely on sale.