Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Ok, I looked it up and your right, it's still a daewoo :p

Got the pricequote Btw........DAMN its cheap, at 19K euro's for a fully loaded one,whithout bargaining (that's freaking fiestamoney) that can't be a good thing :p

Its realy complete, well equipped and even rather handsome for a car in that pricerange.......

I'm thinking I realy banged my head on something,........ must.......stop.........looking........at.........sensible.........cars.......

I went on the internet today and configured a Fiesta too! 3D, titanium, 1,6l 120hp, sqeueeze paint, leather, no options, 178 000 kronor. Converted around ?18,9k.
I also have a weird love for the Cruze. It's the wrong shape, has a low budget brand on the front but it's snazzy looking. But I have calmed down a bit after reading the reviews. Biggest problem it has is the engines, it's using ancient Opel engines from 1996 (Z18XER, Family 1 gen), altough with some minor additions like VVT. If it had engines not taken from a surplus storage, it'd be quite competitive.

Last edited:
What exact config did you have for the Cruze? The LT starts at 16.655 over here

LT, 150hp diesel , GPS, metallic paint (I can't believe they still charge people money for that), LT starts at 18.7K whithout discounts over here, you could probably get one for 16.6K with discount and/or if you paint it yourself :p

Last edited:
We also have the "Cash for clunkers" over here. For 3 crappy old cars you get an ~2400 euro discount, or 800/car.

To your config the car comes at about 17k with no GPS option over here. I've noticed this, some cars that show you the navigation option in the brochure don't go on sale with that option.

Last edited:
My sis just called me. When she was at uni today, some idiot broke into her car (Golf MkIII) and stole the radio which I bought her about a year ago. I paid a massive 62,90 Euros for it when it was new, so I'd say you to get like 5 Euros for it on the black market, 10 if you're lucky.

Congratulations you fucking asshole!!! <_<

Broken carbs and burned fuel pumps are no fun :(

Broken carbs and burned fuel pumps are no fun :(

Yet both are easy to replace, in theory. Whether or not you've kept the engine bay clean enough to make it an easy swap job is another matter.

How effecient is a Saab 9-5 Aero intercooler?

Yet both are easy to replace, in theory. Whether or not you've kept the engine bay clean enough to make it an easy swap job is another matter.

In theory, but with that mitsu, there is no such thing as easy. Besides the shop's resident mechanic/dad's friend is sick, so that's still no car for some days.

On other note I told my dad ?You know, they tell me good things about the VQ35?, after which he very gently said ?Yes, No.?

Thinking of going and looking at a really cheap 2000 P71 that's had a failed motor swapped out and currently isn't running due to a no spark condition.

I've yet to see a Mod V8 with the spark plug popping issue. It looks to be more of an issue with the V10s.

//Opps I misread that. Could be an easy fix there then.

Last edited:
Thinking of going and looking at a really cheap 2000 P71 that's had a failed motor swapped out and currently isn't running due to a no spark condition.

Sounds like it's probably fixable in an afternoon. Something probably isn't grounded.

Someone else just bought it sight unseen. Oh well. At $500, easy to see why. I'll post the pics later. As for the Ford spark plug ejection issues, the 5.4 seems to do it a lot and I've never heard of it happening on a 4.6.

I've never heard of that issue around here. We're on our second truck with a 5.4 and not a problem.

The 5.4 spark plug eject issue is so common, especially down here, that there are special fix kits from all the major auto tool companies (and more) to repair the problem without having to remove the head.

Here's the $500 CVPI that got away today:
IMG_0001_001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

Yeah, but if I'd gotten it for $500 or less, those stick on fake portholes can come off with some fishing line and I could have gotten a spotlight installed. :p

This is what I'm going to go look at next. Edit: And here's another candidate, but it's a bit out of my normal work circuit area.

Edit: Also, the plan at this point seems to be to swap out the seats and such with the ones from the Lincoln Town Car (gotta love badge engineering sometimes) which are plentiful and cheap in good shape from the local salvage yards.

Last edited: