How many times do you wiggle your stick?

How many times do you wiggle your stick?

• Less than one wiggle

Votes: 38 29.9%
  • One wiggle

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Two wiggles

Votes: 33 26.0%
  • Three wiggles, or more!

Votes: 18 14.2%
  • I wiggle it all night long, baby! YEAH!

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • I don't have a stick, but if I did, I'd wiggle a lot. You hear me... a LOT.

Votes: 12 9.4%

• Total voters
I'm doing: left - right - left - right -left - right. Pretty fast.
Took me some time to figure it out, while not actually doing it. It's such a routine action...
Plus I only do it before I start the engine. Never while the engine is running, then I seem to just know where I am all the time...

Last edited:
If I'm by myself I usually just move it to the right and back. If my fianc?e is with me I wigglewigglewiggle then grab her knee. hehe

I used to wiggle my stick a lot when I was younger, sometimes up to 3 times a day. Nowadays though, I wiggle it maybe every two days or so. I do like to go around town with my hand resting on the knob, though.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle!

I think you need to find something else to play with.

You could be right.

And driving other people's cars, I tend to double check more. Although the Hilux I drive occasionally has such a long travel, that I know it's in neutral because the stick is near my knee. If it's by my hip or almost against the dash, I know it's in gear. Now I just have to keep remembering that there is no 6th, and that trying to hit reverse at 100kph is a bad thing. :lol:

What, no love for slushbox wiggles and hits?

The Failtima's gotten to where it occasionally doesn't like to recognize what gear it's supposed to be in, so sometimes you have to give the stick a few whacks to the left to get it to settle into its spot. It mostly does this in park, and it'll flash P - P - P - P - P at you on the dashboard until you give it a little thud into place. If you don't whack it solidly into its special little spot before turning the car off, it won't let you pluck your key out, so you have to start the stupid thing back up again, make sure the stick's where it needs to be, and THEN turn it back off to get your key. Arrgh.

You people seem quite gentle with your wiggling about. Mine's been a very naughty car and needs lots and lots of punishment. Or a less broken slushbox. Bah.

Well, with the auto it's all done for you. No need to check. In the past? Usually it was one wiggle to the left. Most of them I knew it wasn't going back into gear.

Weird, but the only manuals I've ever driven were Fords.

What, no love for slushbox wiggles and hits?

The Failtima's gotten to where it occasionally doesn't like to recognize what gear it's supposed to be in, so sometimes you have to give the stick a few whacks to the left to get it to settle into its spot. It mostly does this in park, and it'll flash P - P - P - P - P at you on the dashboard until you give it a little thud into place. If you don't whack it solidly into its special little spot before turning the car off, it won't let you pluck your key out, so you have to start the stupid thing back up again, make sure the stick's where it needs to be, and THEN turn it back off to get your key. Arrgh.

You people seem quite gentle with your wiggling about. Mine's been a very naughty car and needs lots and lots of punishment. Or a less broken slushbox. Bah.

Your naughty car just needs an adjustment of it's shift linkage. Though you won't be able to whack it for being naughty.

Is it wrong that I'm aroused by Coco's post?

Maybe a little.

I generally tend to vibrate the stick, sort of just massaging it left and right to see if she's loose. On the other hand, I like playing with my box, which is why I tend to wiggle it all night long, just for fun, when I'm waiting at a stop or something :p.

I generally tend to vibrate the stick, sort of just massaging it left and right to see if she's loose. On the other hand, I like playing with my box, which is why I tend to wiggle it all night long, just for fun, when I'm waiting at a stop or something :p.

You have both a stick and a box?

Generally I don't wiggle at all, but most of you here seem to enjoy a wiggle or two, knob wigglers!

2010-07-21_111705.jpg

Last edited:
Twice then back into first to stop it rolling away once I switch the engine off. I don't put the handbrake on because I might hit my fingers with the hammer releasing it.

One time, but that happens only when I need to have everything still turned on while I go out and do what I need to do.