[15x06] August 1st, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebird

Car(s)
Coming soon...
The team purchase old British roadsters from Jensen-Healey, Lotus and TVR and they then take a wistful journey through the remnants of this country's sports-car industry, beginning in Norfolk and ending in Blackpool. Jeremy test drives the new Ferrari 458 Italia. Jeff Goldblum is the star in the new Reasonably Priced Car this week.

Looks like a good one ^^

(http://www.tvrage.com/Top_Gear/episodes/1064957285)

Jeff Goldblum? I'll believe it when I see it...

Fuck yes. I love those Healeys

Jensen_healey.jpg

If there are seven episodes (according to the BBC TG website), then what are they going to put in the last one?

Richard Porter (I think?) blogged on the TG website a while back that there were only six this series.

458 FTW !!!

Ooooh, I just remembered: Can we move this (and the thread for 15x05) to Pre-Episode Discussions proper? I wonder if these got started here because they couldn't be started there.

Would love to get it moved, started it here by accident ^^

According to the Radio Times, this episode has been moved back to 9.30pm to make way for the Athletics Championships.

My Sky+ is saying seven episodes as well. Sure it will all get sorted.

This one looks to be a cracker. Weirdly I only thought last night that Jeff Goldblum would make a great guest - how spooky is that?

Let's hope the British sports car challenge is one they take semi-seriously rather than scripting the shit out of it. On paper at least looks as if they might go out with a bang rather than a whimper.

Monsieur Porter mentions it again...

Richard Porter said:
So there we are then, show four of this summer?s six part series?

Maybe the supposed seventh episode is an encore? I don't think it'd be a best-of because it seems like those are usually saved for the end of the year.

i thought that there was going to be something with Ken Block at some point, especially given that he was at the track the other week. Thought he might have done SIARPC, and remember awhile ago it being said either on TG, or the site or the magazine that he'd be doing some things at the track :S

If this is the last episode of Series 15, it looks like James won't get around to reviewing the new Saab 9-5 as promised towards the end of Series 14. :(

Here's hoping they can get James into a NG 9-5 for Series 16. A nice little film about Saab and its near-death experience would be great, too. TG does excellent historical short films.

Status
Not open for further replies.