Random Thoughts....

Last time I got angry enough to want to destroy something, it came to my attention that we still had large rotten wooden outdoor table and its two surviving chairs that would need to be broken up to be taken to the rubbish tip. So I went into the shed and got an axe....:devil:

Considering that you are about 5' 2"" IIRC and probably 50 kilos soaking wet, that would be pretty awesome to see.

There's no such thing as a ginger Mexican.

Yes there is, I have seen it. Many Mexicans can trace back their ancestry to Spain. Coincidentally, they also own most of the land. And you wonder why we get so many people crossing the border. :|

The Cobol74 patented method for trying to avoid tickets (Does not always work - but it has done so. ...)
1. Get out of the car - in the US this may lead to instant death so probably skip this bit unless the cop asks you.

Yes it would, especially where I live. Best thing to do is get your wallet or info out before they walk to the door, place it on the dash part over the gauges, place both hands on top of the steering wheel or on the dash, and wait.

I would also like to mention that apparently I have a monster in my parasol.

Last edited:
oh i SO know that feeling -.- so +1 to that, people piss me off, too :p

I was being serious though... after a lifetime of feeling disconnected from most people I met, now I just hate most of them. :(

Oh, never said I wasn't. But it was okay, because I was in a....

2000 Toyota MR2 spyder?

Jack Bauer fucking loves bread.

<pic of man with face moss next to clean shaven Jack Bauer>

Is that you? And if so, did Jack Bauer buy you a razor afterwards? :p

I was being serious though... after a lifetime of feeling disconnected from most people I met, now I just hate most of them. :(

As my friend says, "Don't hate, discriminate!".

Update: Made it to the hotel in Santiago. The people are wonderful and bilingual and Santiago (from what I saw on the outside is gorgeous). The view from my room rocks, I can see downtown, and the hotel itself is well furnished but cheap. The only problem.... the price of dinner. Freaking Gnocchi and a lager was $21 USD. $21!!!

And I've never had a jack and coke and wanted to get one from the minibar. I check the price. $14.5!!!!!!!! For a small jack and a can of coke!!!!

I'm not sure if I want to go with it. Should I do it?

Edit: Oh and thanks to gaasc and Nati for wishing me luck :). I met a french engineer right before we left, who also loves photography and cars. So for the 2 hour van ride, the 30 minute wait at the airport and the 30 minute taxi ride over here he both kept me company and helped me out with the Spanish. He's married to a Chilean and lives in Santiago so he knows Spanish and more importantly, knows the place very well. He even offered to take me somewhere on one day if he had the time.

Last edited:
Loss of contact will do that sometimes. They change, you change, and you become totally incompatible people.

2000 Toyota MR2 spyder?

:lol: I was thinking his joke was rather ruined when he posted it as without a date you wouldn't know it was back last year in the jaaaaaaaaaaag. Better not get pulled over now mr hairdresser :p

Last edited:

i'm annoyed by most people very often, too. sorry if my post wasn't clear on that.
it'd be nice not to be annoyed all the time, but i just don't know what to do. there are so many things that people do or say that i just can't ignore or shrug off. hasn't turned into hatred yet though, since i can't really hold any grudges...
also: with most of my friends i've gotten used to what they do and since it's always the same things, i just can't care anymore (most of the time that is, of course they manage to drive me totally crazy from time to time as well). it's usually people i don't or barely know that really piss me off.

Uh, no. Keep also in mind alcohol at that altitude is going to play havoc on you.

I'm assuming you mean the aridity? If so, I was thinking that. I would have to keep even more hydrated if I wanted to have alchy right?

Plus this is more wine country anyways.

Yep, you're right. I'z gon put it back and have a toblerone or something.

Not humidity, but higher altitudes means less oxygen which in turn means that alcohol will affect your brain than what you are used to. Say it takes six shots to get you drunk. At 10,000 feet, it would take four. At 15,000 two.

Plus the hangovers are twice as bad.

*EDIT* I see that Santiago is fairly low, about 1800 feet above sea level. Drink to your hearts content.

Last edited:
i'm annoyed by most people very often, too. sorry if my post wasn't clear on that.

I think it's a shortcoming of the internet, no worries. :p

it'd be nice not to be annoyed all the time, but i just don't know what to do. there are so many things that people do or say that i just can't ignore or shrug off. hasn't turned into hatred yet though, since i can't really hold any grudges...

If you can I would try and work on it while it still hasn't turned into general hatred and lack of empathy. I mean this is advice I cannot follow at all myself, but hey, it's easier said than done.

Oh.

I'm right now at like 2000 feet. I was at about 8500 - 9000 feet at the observatory, and it was hard to even climb up stairs.

I will still be careful though.

Yeah, I did an edit. What I remember most from being up in high elevation was the F*UCKED UP dreams that I had. I still remember them, and that was twenty two years ago.

it just makes it so much better when I call it that huh? :lol:

It has always struck me as odd - why have an MX-5 (nice car) when you can have a Honda S2000 (nice car with a Vtec engine - ftw)?

I'm trying to sell a car shell on craigslist. This is my first time ever trying to sell anything on there. Do legitimate e-mail responses get blocked/flagged by your e-mail provider often? Just asking because I've had some inquiries that sound legit but are blocked for "my safety" by MSN.

Last edited:
:hug: at least it is not mellow yellow with a flower vase?

:hug: at least it is not mellow yellow with a flower vase?

Yeah, not even Toyota would stoop so low (unlike VW!). Same reason I didn't get a yellow or a red one...would've looked too much like an excited Pikachu or some other Pokemon.