Forum Suggestions / Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the forum bot can be rep'ed again. Must resist urge to neg rep it...

Looks like the forum bot can be rep'ed again. Must resist urge to neg rep it...

You've been able to rep it ever since we switched themes.

I'm on top of things as usual.

I just got a 503 Server Error, hope all is well and not some trouble starting.
Re-accessed immediately OK
(I now have the 3.6.4 version of Firefox now.:p)

We're still tweaking the configurations. This is the first time getting this much traffic with the new hardware. The new hardware is yawning at the traffic, but we're hitting artificial caps that we're quickly resolving. :)

I just had three 502?s when accessing Off Topic Forum.
Do you want or need notification, as I am sure you are on top of this?
:)

I just had three 502?s when accessing Off Topic Forum.
Do you want or need notification, as I am sure you are on top of this?
:)

The new hardware is yawning less today. :(

Still should be okay though.

The new hardware is yawning less today. :(

Still should be okay though.

I just got a 504, but I tried again right after and got in without problem.

Hop on IRC if you have persistant problems accessing the forums, otherwise just hit refresh when you get an error. We're still working out the best way to use all the raw hardware power we have to provide a more stable forum experience. It's tricky, because we need to wait a week to test any changes we make, as only a TG release causes the big DDoS that is all of you connecting at once.

<meek as hell>

I was just wondering if, you know, you guys have ever considered embedding sound files into posts? Because it seems like it would be a lot of fun to respond to posts with our own voice, and of course for other pragmatic reasons.

I just want to know if it would be difficult to implement?

</meek>

Audio replys would make the forum unusable in librarys, offices, etc.

And searching would be a bitch. Despite your sexy voice Lurker I think it would be a bad idea.

Too true, although I was thinking more of like the current embedded video players, so you would have some control and it wouldn't autostart.

But you're right, searching would suck.

Is anybody else having issues accessing the site?

Me too, asked on IRC but it seems to be just me. Could it be an ISP issue? (I'm with Telstra)

I'm with Telstra too.

I'm getting "Internet Explorer could not load page" from Internet Explorer and "Network Timeout" from Firefox. It isn't my connection though because I can still access any other site that I try while it is happening.

Well, I've tried Optus broadband and vodafone mobile - both are getting endless errors from fg.

Oh noes! You don't think it made it to the black list :cry:

:lmao:

maybe there's a fault in the US line?

So it isn't just Telstra then.

The blacklist isn't in effect yet. Besides, it was posted on WikiLeaks and they didn't mention anything about it including car forums. :p

I dunno about the forums, but the main site has been up:

f52f3e23

The blacklist isn't in effect yet. Besides, it was posted on WikiLeaks and they didn't mention anything about it including car forums. :p

:rolleyes:

:p

j/k

That graph is from a ping every 60 seconds and the only reports I've heard are from Australia.

PS: You guys have some hilariously bad Internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.