Votes: 24 2.9%

Votes: 5 0.6%

Votes: 10 1.2%

Votes: 4 0.5%

Votes: 6 0.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 0.2%

• Total voters
Liked the episode a lot. Racing Touareg is my fav and the news were brilliant.
Tho I've to give -1 for Tom Cruise and another -1 for the last part about Senna. Dont care for racing and it looked like they needed something to cheaply reach the 1h mark.
In the end a solid 8/10.

i hate to repeat everyone else on here but EPIC. all i did the whole time as it kept getting better and better with each passing moment was think of how to explain this eppisode. it is a 10, my first ten ever (i think). Andy, i hope you read all of these posts this week, you deserve every bit of credit for the your imagination you give us the privilege of prying into every week. its amost always a blast to watch your production but wow have you reached the peak of the mountain. you, and the boys, have blown our minds this week. i am truly happy to have devoted that hour of time to Top Gear. i could go on for ever on here but ill spare you guys. this will rank above the Africa and Polar specials as possibly one of the best of all time. yes, as was said before, this show is global and ill bet its safe to say that its the most watched show in the world and this episode is a great example of why. every single second was epic.

ill also say that at first i was disappointed when i saw who the guests were but boy did they make it a F*&^ing blast and i hate tom cruise, well, not anymore. i have some new respect for them both now. Thank you Top Gear, this was just wonderful!

i agree with everyone else. a fantastic episode. def the best of the season. I think what set this one apart was its mix of a wide variety of what makes tp great. We had the wacky race....intense challenge and then finished it off with a serious well down story on a racing driver

it blended alot of aspects of what we love about cars and did it really well

Definitely one of the best episodes of Top Gear. Hammond's segment was decent enough. The news was fail as always, it's never proper informative news, just scripted humour. Skipped most of the SIARPC until the laps, which were quiet entertaining, good to see some records appear. But the Veyron SS and Senna tribute were absolutely amazing. I'll admit I didn't know much at all about Senna, but I was still deeply touched. I was also very, very pleased to see the new Veyron taken around the track, and if that wasn't enough, set a record. Looking forward to next weeks 458 Italia segment now.

Definitely one of the best episodes of Top Gear. Hammond's segment was decent enough. The news was fail as always, it's never proper informative news, just scripted humour. Skipped most of the SIARPC until the laps, which were quiet entertaining, good to see some records appear. But the Veyron SS and Senna tribute were absolutely amazing. I'll admit I didn't know much at all about Senna, but I was still deeply touched. I was also very, very pleased to see the new Veyron taken around the track, and if that wasn't enough, set a record. Looking forward to next weeks 458 Italia segment now.

May i advise that you give the SIARPC segment a chance? i was very good! IMHO

It was a mostly fantastic episode. 9/10. Really enjoyed the challenge, it didn't seem scripted at all, and the news and tribute segment were classic Top Gear. The only thing I didn't like is the SIARPC. Maybe it's because we in North America are bombarded with these deranged lunatics on a regular basis... Sorry, but Tom Cruise is still the creep he is. Who cares if he's a car nut. I'm sure he's aware that people consider him a complete nut case and he had a panel of advisors and lawyers to advise prior to his appearance on TG. I didn't buy it. TG is awesome in the quirky, strange way it is. That's what we love. We don't need any "A-listers" here.... I regretted that Clarkson didn't use any innuendos to poke fun at Cruise... Aside from the American accents (and I am saying this as a Canadian) it didn't seem like it quite belonged on my favourite British show.

10/10. This one is up there with the great TG episodes. We have the Monte Carlo Race, Supercar Roadtrip, 24 hour race, etc, and now the Senna episode.

.... 10/10, just for the Senna clip. I absolutely, 100%, loved it. Tom Cruise - bleh, he's insane, although the interview was good. Everything else A++.

For some reason, I've been out of sync with the consensus on episodes this season - in the past I've been right in the thick of it, usually.

The Senna segment was masterfully done - ranks near the very top of all historical Top Gear segments, and probably all segments, period. The enhanced sucking up of the SIARPC alternately amused me and annoyed me, but overall it came out better than I expected it would.

But I thought that the first half of the episode was pretty mediocre. I didn't like the Touareg race because it reminded me too much of other races. I didn't like the Veyron bit because it looked so identical to the last Veyron top speed run. Yes, I know that there's only so much you can do with that sort of segment, and yes, they had to do it, because the Veyron is pure Top Gear, but there you go.

Touareg, 6/10; Veyron, 5/10; SIARPC, 7/10; Senna, 10/10 (with distinction).
Averages to 7/10.

The news was fail as always, it's never proper informative news, just scripted humour.

Just like with "proper" car reviews targeted at buying advice, real news just isn't what the majority of viewers watch Top Gear for. If you want news then the internet is a much better medium.

I don't know what to say.

Previous episodes have taken my breath away, and I could feel my eyes water a bit. The final montage at the end of 10x1 comes to mind in particular. This, however, is the only episode of Top Gear, or any entertainment program, for that matter, to bring me to full on tears. The range of emotion that this "pokey" television show can bring in the short time of one hour is absolutely staggering. From the boyhood dreamland of the Toureg (toe-rag) race, the humor of the news, the adrenaline rush of a 267 mph Bugatti, the utter excitement of seeing Tom Cruise (Top Gun is my favorite movie) and Cameron Diaz (so gorgeous and so much personality) in the RPC, and finally, all the emotion brought up in the Ayrton Senna piece. Within those last minutes of the show, we were riding shotgun to the brillance of the best driver the world had ever seen. To the respect from everyone who raced against, wished to race against, and loved to watch race. To the unbridled joy in Lewis' voice as he pulled out in the MP4. And finally to the memories of where YOU were when you saw, heard, or read, that Senna had died. I was 8 years old, but I'll never forget that day.

I've found a new favorite episode... Thank you Top Gear.

10/10

Incredible job, Top Gear! I absolutely adored the piece on Senna. The second I heard that TG was doing a segment on Ayrton Senna, I had very high expectations of which all were exceeded. I haven't posted much about the episodes this series, but the quality of Series 15 is the highest it has ever been. Everyone on the Top Gear team deserves a pat on the back for delivering such high quality productions. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
It's a nice episode. The Veyron SS and Senna tribute.

Incredible, stunning, spectacular
Absolutely, the BEST EPISODE EVER.

There are some of their adventure episodes that are very special to me as well, but in a different way.

This is the epitome of what a real car show is about and I can only hope for more top gear episodes like this.

Taureg: Good review, great race with lots of invigorating visuals.
The news: Just the right amount of cocking about, and it all felt natural.
Porsche gag: A great lap, and it was short, they did not drag it out to the point of being unfunny. Perfect.
Bugatti SS: Always great to see this magnificent car, and wow is it fast. That is still with a stereo and lots of things other "production" cars lack that try to get close to it in speed. I love when James May does a serious car scene, instead of pretending to be daft.
Diaz & Cruise: Not only did they have mega star power, charisma, and good chemistry, but they genuinely like cars, and the interviews were fun, and on topic. The laps were great, and it continued the escalation in energy.
Senna: A complete change of pace. Very sad, but also inspiring. I wish F1 racing was still like Senna's era. A somber, but somehow just perfect way to end the episode.
End: I liked the quite goodnight, with no "bombshell" comment.

I really can't say enough.
Brilliant.

Liked the episode a lot. Racing Touareg is my fav and the news were brilliant.
Tho I've to give -1 for Tom Cruise and another -1 for the last part about Senna. Dont care for racing and it looked like they needed something to cheaply reach the 1h mark.
In the end a solid 8/10.

You must be a troll.

The best episode of Top Gear ever. I will say that without a doubt. If the show ended with that episode, I would not be disappointed.

Does anyone have any info to the film Clarkson was talking about right after the Senna segment?