Random Thoughts....

We still have caps though. :sad:

I think if you like in Metro areas, you can get TPG unlimited

Just a passing thought, It's should be alright to have someone fight your battles for you if you are outnumbered and you know someone who could take them all, right? This random tid-bit is from an argument with a friend about how you're a puss if you get some else to fight your battles, which he strongly defended no matter how many examples I threw at him.
I actually had to have my sister fight a battle for me, I was outnumbered 1 to 5 and had been bullied by these people for the past 2 years and it was reaching the tipping point when one of them started throw rocks at me, so I walked home from the bus stop and told my Mom who called the police as my sister marched up the street and proceeded to give them a bloody good beating. Needless to say my problems with them did stop after that.
/story about a sad part of my life.

Anybody else really hate flat-packed furniture, me too, that's why I paid the store ?5 extra, to assemble my new chest of drawers before delivery for Wednesday. Thankfully the bookcase was already assembled.

I now have to break down the old stuff that it is replacing.

Last edited:
I'm about the watch the first episode of "Sherlock" and I can't help but notice that the man playing Sherlock Holmes has an unbelievably "English" name...Benedict Cumberbatch...it's like a joke...or something.
Just watched it myself, found it quite enjoyable. Thought the cane was a nice hat tip to House, who is of course based on Sherlock Holmes.

This won't mean much to the non-Australians here on the forum, but my P-plates finally came off today! :dance:
Those three years seemed sooooo long. I was the only person among my friends still on a proby license. Procrastination / fear of taking the license test does that. :lol:

I just got back from the MotoGP After Party. I never thought I would be having a conversation with two former World Champion motorcycle racers.

This won't mean much to the non-Australians here on the forum, but my P-plates finally came off today! :dance:
Those three years seemed sooooo long. I was the only person among my friends still on a proby license. Procrastination / fear of taking the license test does that. :lol:
How long did you keep your Ps for? My brother had his red P-plates for a year and a bit after he could've got his P2, but just couldn't be bothered :lol:

I can't decide between marketing and macroeconomics. They're both shit, they're both boring and I hate the fucken smug ass students and lecturers in the commerce faculty (Not everyone's crap, but you know).

To be fair, it is my first commerce unit in 4 years of uni studies, but it certainly is a big change from the usual engineering classes.

Last edited:

High Five!

And on the internet, I've got 150GB, so we're not that bad. :p

I find it somewhat disturbing that UWS is teaching me Networking, is charging me a couple grand for it, and they can't even setup the wireless network to work with 64 bit windows or Linux....

I'm thinking more...Cultured Badass for you.

Perhaps, but HONF is something that Cultured Badasses can do.

I commend the song Nemesis by Shriekback to your attention. :evil: (Skip the music video, it's just weird.)

Last edited:
Spectre, do you ever go to bed? It's 5.53am where you are now - are you the product of some secret government program that produces highly trained and deadly assassins who don't need to sleep?

In other news had a meeting with a prospective new client this morning. She took me to their boardroom, which was on the other side of a carpeted area of about 800 square feet - when she opened the door there, sitting on this carpet was not one but two classic Mustang convertibles in pristine condition inside and out, one in a pale blue metallic with matching hood and interior, and the other in a deep metallic red with matching upholstery and a cream hood!

Sadly my shitty, work-provided mobile phone won't transfer pictures and I didn't have my camera with me. Needless to say when I've won the account and go back for the first quarterly review I will be taking the camera!!!

Spectre, do you ever go to bed? It's 5.53am where you are now - are you the product of some secret government program that produces highly trained and deadly assassins who don't need to sleep?

Yes, I do actually go to bed. Sometimes. :D However, I've never needed much sleep and I do a lot of remote support work where I maintain servers and desktops outside of regular US business hours to reduce disruption. Naps are common around here.

That said, once I wrap up what I'm doing (and more importantly, submit my billing) I will be off to bed... but in the meantime... :D

Edit: Of course, it doesn't help that I find myself strangely anxious about the sealed bid auction for the cop car. I've done dozens of these sort of things before, yet never had this level of apprehension. Perhaps it's because I'm trying to obtain something to give to someone else? Less than six hours left, too.

Also, I should note that I've not had any caffeine and rarely do, so my apparent insomnia is not due to that.

Last edited:
In other news had a meeting with a prospective new client this morning. She took me to their boardroom, which was on the other side of a carpeted area of about 800 square feet - when she opened the door there, sitting on this carpet was not one but two classic Mustang convertibles in pristine condition inside and out, one in a pale blue metallic with matching hood and interior, and the other in a deep metallic red with matching upholstery and a cream hood!

I want my boardroom to have a 288 GTO with a drive-out ramp to floor it on the way to my penthouse.

701100071_55a4fa3c51.jpg

Last edited:
This lady came around in the afternoon and dropped off a 51 page government survey regarding lifestyle, health, alcohol, drug use, etc. We're currently building a character that is a borderline alcoholic and kleptomaniac by ticking the 'I stole it' option whenever possible. She'll be back round to pick it up on Wednesday, I hope the people responsible for the survey get a good laugh :p.

LOL we got some similar survey to that - but it was one of those phone ones. Kept my mum tied up for a good half and hour....at dinner time. Thank goodness I was there so I could finish the cooking so we actually got to eat! :lol:

How long did you keep your Ps for? My brother had his red P-plates for a year and a bit after he could've got his P2, but just couldn't be bothered :lol:

I was on my P's for the normal three years. I just missed the Victorian switch-over to the two tiered P system, so I've only ever had the green ones. I spent AGES on my L's though, and did spend a year studying in Melbourne where I didn't drive at all, so I didn't take the test to get my P's until July 2007 which was for automatic only. I got the manual license after buying my own car in August 2008.

Last edited: