No 56k: Grand Theft Auto IV

Hmmm, I like the turns, though personally I think the main straight is a bit too long. Still it should be better with realistic top speeds. I guess it's hard to get a sense of scale. It would be a lot of fun in the reverse direction too, downhill into the long straight, then top speed into the carousel.

Later on I'll fire up GT4 and see if I can pick out my favorite elements from tracks I like.

PunisherBass will love this :p

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2010/07/25/1279877884_screen1.jpg

Obviously. Also, don't think you can't help because you don't have computer talent. Come up with some ribbons and maybe we'll have some votes for the best one. I took a stab at it:

tracklayout.jpg

Basically I tried to make it as exciting and dangerous as possible. The main straight would be something like 1/2-3/4 mile long. This feeds into turn 1, which is made to be a combination of Eau-Rouge and turn 1 at Suzuka. Its an extremely fast uphill sweeper (like the first part of eau-rouge) that feeds into a double-apex, decreasing radius corner like that of turn 1/2 at Suzuka. After that, its a sharp downhill straight leading into a right-left transition (turn 2/3)...like an extreme version of wehrseifen at the Nurburgring. (This corner would probably be too dangerous in real life ha) Leading out of that is a short, flat straight leading to a large constant radius curve (turn 4) similar to the one at Road America which then leads to a series of flat S's (5-7) before dumping you into a carousel-like turn 8. Then you are back on the long straight.

The line above the ribbon is meant so show elevation, although its kind of distracting since it is the same color. You can also see a shorter-layout version with the dashed lines, bypassing the more extreme part of the circuit via a detour running under the main straight.

I like the idea. I dont know if any work has been done on mapping for GTAIV yet, but it was possible for the last versions so it's got to be able to happen this time.

Didn't bother with the 458, doesn't look nice to me :/ I put in the ZR1, nice to drive, but the brake lights and the attempt at a carbon roof are a bit weird, and i stuck in the GNX :D

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2010/07/26/EFLC-2010-07-26-10-12-47-20.jpg

Yeah, I think I have the same one. Bounces EVERYWHERE, off curbs, stuff on sidewalks, people, the usual. But more so than most cars I've done in the game.

Suspension is a bit stiff meaning it doesn't like lots of bumps, but is still pretty bitchin'. :cool:

Yeah, I think I have the same one. Bounces EVERYWHERE, off curbs, stuff on sidewalks, people, the usual. But more so than most cars I've done in the game.

Try this handling line
Code:
1750.0  0.00  80   0.0  0.0  -0.35 		0.0  6  0.270 1.0 260.0 0.22 0.520 0.45 34.0    	1.40 1.14 09.6 0.13 0.4832 		2.5  2.2  2.2  0.12 -0.14  0.0  0.50 		1.0 0.6 1.1 1.5 	0.0  90000 		00440810 	00000000 			0
Soften the suspension but also increased dampening and rebound, it's removes the twitchyness of the harder spring and not as bouncy. Also added some weight, lowered the center of gravity to reduce roll and gave it more torque for those times when you need to give it a boot full mid corner :p. Might need some more work done to it though.

Pff, that's nothing, there's an environ mod that's 8.5 gb

Watched the video for it. Looks like he just modified tons of textures to add snow to them.

In other cool mod news:

Watched the video for it. Looks like he just modified tons of textures to add snow to them.

Thats the biggest change, hence the huge download. There are also tyre tracks created by the cars, new sounds and the ability to throw snowballs according to the description. I may try it out around Christmas time just for the lulz. :lol:

The water mod looks pretty cool, I hope the level is variable, reminds me of The Day After Tomorrow.

Thats the biggest change, hence the huge download.

I realize that now. I was thinking it was actually snow being applied (like say the dirt on cars) rather than it being a texture mod.