StarCraft II....hell, it's about time

SERIOUSLY?

I've never played Starcraft either. I was into C&C and a bit of Warcraft at the time instead.

I can't decide if I want to buy this or not. Not really into RTS anymore.

So no Me against the computer multilayer? Only in Battle.net? Fak.

there are maps where you can play against the computer. there are also challenge missions as well where you have to complete certain criteria.

anyone know where i can buy cheapo digital version? 60 ? from blizzard... LOL

you in a hurry or something? :p
i'm still waiting for my copy... amazon supposedly shipped it two days ago... but nothing :mad: so i really can't say that'd be a good idea...
all the retail places here are selling for 39 euros, maybe there's something similar near you so you could pick it up there? :dunno:

meh, onlinekeystore.com has it for 48 bucks... not cheap either -.-

i'm still waiting for my copy... amazon supposedly shipped it two days ago... but nothing :mad: so i really can't say that'd be a good idea...

when amazon sent mine, they sent a Tracking Code with it so i could keep up to date with its location. did they send you one as well? does seem odd that you haven't got yours yet.

when amazon sent mine, they sent a Tracking Code with it so i could keep up to date with its location. did they send you one as well? does seem odd that you haven't got yours yet.

yeah but the tracking system from german DHL is somehow broken. it only always lists the status as "shipment details transferred"...
even the tracking status for my camera, which i got over 6 weeks ago, still says that... so that's just no use -.-

You can do skirmish mode. Select single player, and click the button in the top right (I think it says "play against computer" or something). That's what I've been doing so far...barely scratched the surface of the campaign.

yeah but the tracking system from german DHL is somehow broken. it only always lists the status as "shipment details transferred"...
even the tracking status for my camera, which i got over 6 weeks ago, still says that... so that's just no use -.-

crap, if that was me i'd be close to going mad. this is always the biggest worry when it comes to ordering games for me. most often i find myself counting on the experience and skill of the Royal Mail. counting on the experience and skill of a two year old would probably give better results. only other thing i could suggest is ringing them and asking where it is, although that wouldn't probably help either.

Usually they will only have the same information they show on their website. I hate DHL.

Picked up my copy yesterday, finished campaign on Expert (Insane) - it's not bad, not too epic, interesting, interactive, - I was, however, disappointed with writing for 12 year olds (to support the 'teen' sticker), inferior even to the original SC.

As far as multiplayer goes the game is very good, battle.net, however, is not that good. Custom game system is unintuitive and repelling even, Ladder itself with divisions and leagues kills any motivation to advance. Overall the new B.net 2.0 has the feeling of isolation and Xbox crowd in it, - with Facebook integration and without chat channels and cross realm play (both of which Blizzard promised to address in later patches and additions).

Last edited:
Picked up my cope yesterday, finished campaign on Expert (Insane) - it's not bad, not too epic, interesting, interactive, - I was, however, disappointed with writing for 12 year olds (to support the 'teen' sticker), inferior even to the original SC.

As far as multiplayer goes the game is very good, battle.net, however, is not that good. Custom game system is unintuitive and repelling even, Ladder itself with divisions and leagues kills any motivation to advance. Overall the 'new B.net 2.0 has the feeling of isolation and Xbox crowd in it, - with Facebook integration and without chat channels and cross realm play (both of which Blizzard promised to address in later patches and additions).

Finished it on expert? On the first day? The divisions and leagues system is to keep people like you away from people like me ;)

I will agree that the interface for setting up custom games is TERRIBLE. WC3's interface was far more intuitive. Once you get used to it, it works just fine, but it's a very hard-to-find and cumbersome setup.

What are stock levels in stores? I'm feeling a bit sick, and I don't want to venture out to Target or Best Buy if they are likely sold out.

What are stock levels in stores? I'm feeling a bit sick, and I don't want to venture out to Target or Best Buy if they are likely sold out.

Call the local store and ask--that's the easiest solution. There might be plenty at Target stores in Oregon but not in your area, so nobody here could really answer your question.

Oh, I know. I was just thinking in general if people were finding it sold out in a few places. And by "feeling a bit sick" I mean that I've lost my voice, and can barely whisper without pain. :lol:

I bought it via Blizzard's store and am downloading it now (7GB). :)

The print manual in the non-collector's-edition version is truly unremarkable. Troubleshooting, back story, and nothing else, not even unit and building lists. So I wouldn't hesitate to download an electronic copy instead of getting it from the store. Particularly if I had laryngitis ;)

The print manual in the non-collector's-edition version is truly unremarkable. Troubleshooting, back story, and nothing else, not even unit and building lists. So I wouldn't hesitate to download an electronic copy instead of getting it from the store. Particularly if I had laryngitis ;)

thats included in the game itself. theres a technology tree that can be accessed in the games menu. everything is mostly included in the game. your given the option of going through the basic tutorial and key control right from the start.

thats included in the game itself. theres a technology tree that can be accessed in the games menu. everything is mostly included in the game. your given the option of going through the basic tutorial and key control right from the start.

Gotcha. I had skipped the tutorial because I assumed it was stuff like "this is how to move and attack and collect resources," which I already know. I mainly needed a unit guide to cut down on the "what the hell is THAT?!" moments in skirmish modes.