Random Thoughts....

My dog is weird...every time I take him outside he somehow always finds a cicada and eats it. I don't know how he finds them so easily.

Good source of protein; if it doesn't make him sick, let him eat away!

thanks for the concern. Best friend. Diagnosis confirmed, and now we wait for lymph node biopsy to find out if it has spread.

The wife and I are heavily involved with the Avon Walk For Breast Cancer; there is that and I am sure many support group in Oz, also. See if you can find one for your friend. :)

Pictures I have taken from the walks:
http://jensenphotos.smugmug.com/Events

2nd time in 2 months my laptop has fried itself. I am never buying a Thinkpad ever again.

Could be worse, you could have a Dell XPS M1210 awaiting a 9800GTX M transplant

Last edited:
2nd time in 2 months my laptop has fried itself. I am never buying a Thinkpad ever again.

When I was looking at laptops for a replacement for my MBP I looked at a bunch to see if I could find a better made one.
:|
apparently my laptop WAS well made in comparison to other options as the biggest issue I had was with the power cable (which they have since replaced) even though I may have dented it in many times.
Why are laptops made like shit?

Cue another Blind Io Rage Against the Machine!

Nah, it wasn't warranted in this case. I called, explained what happened and said I was quite annoyed - especially since all the shows I wanted to watch from the past week never recorded. I told them I would bring the account current but since I viewed this as being their mistake I was not inclined to pay the late fee. When I said this the girl on the phone (actually she sounded like a rather experienced and imposing "sista"*) said she was already working on the authorization to refund it. She took the initiative to try to make it right and that counts for quite a bit in my book.

I don't think I'm unreasonable when resolving disputes, just don't try to jerk me around or rip me off and I'm fine. It's when the other party is dismissive, abusive, or doesn't want to work the problem out in a civilized manner that the horns come out and I ruin your day. Just treat me with a certain degree of respect and courtesy and I'm more than willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

* - Female of African descent for you non-US types.

Last edited:
I think we have been to the same car show twice without meeting each other. I should be able to make Tutto Italiano, it was epic last year.
I think so, I like to get in my own world at car shows and form a collective mind between me and my Dad.

Sitting in BioLife giving my plasma and attempting to type with my left hand. This is rather difficult.

My parents are measuring the end of the hallway for a second gun safe.

Not buying a toughbook?

What are you doing to fry a Thinkpad?

Since he said "fried itself" I assume thinkpad has gone the way of toyota and every other company that used to make things properly. You should see the recalls on our maytag dishwasher :| It has a risk of setting itself on fire.

Since he said "fried itself" I assume thinkpad has gone the way of toyota and every other company that used to make things properly. You should see the recalls on our maytag dishwasher :| It has a risk of setting itself on fire.

Mine is fine, I use it 5 hours a day and no problems to report.

BlaRo: 0 : Technology: 2

Impressive for a machine that deals mostly in water :lol:
It's the dry cycle apparently. We have to sit there and watch the dishwasher wash so we can turn it on once it hits dry.

apparently my laptop WAS well made in comparison to other options as the biggest issue I had was with the power cable (which they have since replaced) even though I may have dented it in many times.

Ditto. The only problem I've had with my MBP (that was actually a problem) was my power cable dying. It just died. Nothing. Nada. It didn't fray, the cable was still intact, the converter just died. Got a new one under warranty no-problemo (which doesn't quite make the applecare worth it, since I would still need $200+ more of repairs to break even, but whatever still good to have)

Last edited:
I think so, I like to get in my own world at car shows and form a collective mind between me and my Dad.

Yes, at least twice I've walked directly towards you and your dad and only afterwards thought "I think I should know that guy".

Ditto. The only problem I've had with my MBP (that was actually a problem) was my power cable sying. It just died. Nothing. Nada. It didn't fray, the cable was still intact, the converter just died. Got a new one under warranty no-problemo (which doesn't quite make the applecare worth it, since I would still need $200+ more of repairs to break even, but whatever still good to have)
was it the plastic end one or the metal one? The plastic ones were known to fry themselves, I went through 3.
UNFORTUNATELY they said it WASN'T under warranty when I went to replace mine. Neither was the battery according to them. That made me angry enough to not buy a new one, and I wouldn't have if I didn't do a quality comparison to other laptops first. Apparently other computers that will survive my abuse cost about the same and have no where near enough power.