Mice!

Ever since I moved years ago, I stopped using a mousepad altogether, and I don't see why you'd need one anymore. Maybe I'm just lucky that my desk has a textured faux-woodgrain surface. :p

Yes. But only in New England, really. I understand 'wicked,' but someone from, say, California would be hella confused.

FTFY.

I love my g5 mouse... it is corded super cheap and crazy good

The G500 is basically v2.0 of the G5. It's better in every single way by far.

However the laser on mine appears to have just died tonight. I came home tonight and it refused to move my cursor. Contacting Logitech as we speak. :hmm: I'm using my old G5 meanwhile and it really makes me miss my G500. :lol:

I never liked the Microsoft trackballs much. Really, the only 2 companies that I know of are Logitech and Kensington, and they're both wicked good.
No the bulk of the stuff they have is mediocre. I have a Logitech Marble that I used before my Explorer and the one they sell now 10 years later is exactly the same bar two buttons. Doesnt even have a scrollwheel. Then we have the Trackman Wheel which is rubbish because they put the ball on your thumb. Then we have the Cordless Trackman which is the "best" offer from Logitech but it's still uncomfortable and wireless, so you have to change the batterys. A wireless trackball, completely pointless. Don't like the Kensingtons, ignoring how overpiced they are (1300 SEK for the Expert).

Last edited:
Best mouse ever :)

I am having some contact issues with the charger though. It sometimes doesn't want to start charging the mouse. I always have to fiddle it for 5 minutes before it works. :(

Best mouse ever :)

I am having some contact issues with the charger though. It sometimes doesn't want to start charging the mouse. I always have to fiddle it for 5 minutes before it works. :(

try cleaning both the contacts on the mouse and on the charger (little obvious i guess, but hey, you never know :p).
if that doesn't help and the contacts on either are like little springs, maybe they've just been bent from use. i had that once...
carefully (!) bending them a little out can solve all your problems (yes, really careful...)

I really want to like the Microsoft Arc, but I can't stand AAA batteries, and that's all the Arc takes. No recharge option = do not want.

try cleaning both the contacts on the mouse and on the charger (little obvious i guess, but hey, you never know :p).
if that doesn't help and the contacts on either are like little springs, maybe they've just been bent from use. i had that once...
carefully (!) bending them a little out can solve all your problems (yes, really careful...)
I tried cleaning the contacts already. It seems to be really sensitive to the angle the mouse is in, and when it's resting completely flat on the charger it won't work. It needs slightly be angled upwards. Could be those springs, I have to check if I can bend them some how.

I tried cleaning the contacts already. It seems to be really sensitive to the angle the mouse is in, and when it's resting completely flat on the charger it won't work. It needs slightly be angled upwards. Could be those springs, I have to check if I can bend them some how.

Yeah, that's really my only complaint, they could have made it sit more naturally on the charging dock instead of having to sit it on a 1x2 inch rectangle.

I really want to like the Microsoft Arc, but I can't stand AAA batteries, and that's all the Arc takes. No recharge option = do not want.

Not sure if the same applies to the Arc, but I have a logitech mouse that claims 6 months of use on a single AA battery, since I use it only occasionally I got over a year out of it. Mice don't use a lot of battery power it seems.

I bought a logitech VX revolution to go with my laptop about 3 years ago. The battery indicator just turned red mid-last-week to let me know the second battery I've had in the mouse since then is low. So with most modern mice I'd think you'll be fine on battery life, especially if you just toss a spare in the laptop bag.

Logitech is sending me a new G500. Woo! :)

Had a G7. It pissed me off to no end. Found out the problem was the wireless USB receiver. So, not really the mouse's fault. Now I have the MX Revolution and I love it. Still haven't had to replace the batteries and I got it for Christmas last year.

It lasts about 6 months if you remember to close the mouse when you're done with it.

Also did you know they make rechargeable AAA batteries? Gasp!!