Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

The only issue is I have a mac, and mIRC won't connect through a virtual machine :|
colloquy apparently supports it but there are no instructions anywhere on how to do it :(

The only issue is I have a mac, and mIRC won't connect through a virtual machine :|
colloquy apparently supports it but there are no instructions anywhere on how to do it :(

How do you have the virtual machine set up on the network? Sometimes it's better to do a bridged connection, so the VM is recognized externally as a separate device. NAT can be pretty crappy.

How do you have the virtual machine set up on the network? Sometimes it's better to do a bridged connection, so the VM is recognized externally as a separate device. NAT can be pretty crappy.
I have no idea atm, as like I said in the other thread I had to make it glitch so my tablet could work in it.
My laptop is booted into Linux right now, so I can't actually test it out, but supposedly this will tell you what you need: http://colloquy.info/project/wiki/FAQs#WhatisDCCDoesColloquysupportit
I tried everything there already, I tried the entire internet and messed with it for over 6 hours :(

It looks like Monkey Island (the original). Why should I be impressed?

FTFY.

Just make sure you don't mount them facing up/down. (Sleeve bearing)

Also, if you choose them, I recommend picking them up from a store that orders them directly from Yate Loon. (Such as Sidewinders) Most other stores purchase them from a middleman, and tend to be of lower quality, yet are the same price.

Yate loons are a pain the ass to find, same with San ace as well.

It looks like Monkey Island (the original). Why should I be impressed?

Made only using code (no graphics) if I recall correctly.

It looks like Monkey Island because it *is* Monkey Island (Mark Ferrari used to work for LucasArts, and the demo uses his art). The article that the demo comes from does a better job of explaining it, but essentially, it's a demonstration of color cycling, a technique used in games from the olden days to get cool effects on the cheap when you only had 256 colors to work with.

It's not really a demonstration of HTML5's capabilities, though, because using it to implement color cycling is a horribly inefficient way of achieving the end result. :p

Android support?

nad-c515bee-graphite.jpg

Hmm, to buy or not to buy......

I don't listen to CDs heaps, but I do want a decent source for my tube amp and Sennheisers. I already have a DAC for computer audio.

Last edited:
I'm on the verge of an iPad purchase :(

There are other tablets that are just as powerfull(or more so) with more memory and inputs for around the same amount.

There are other tablets that are just as powerfull(or more so) with more memory and inputs for around the same amount.

... announced. Really, not one of those is out yet, except for the less-than-impressive JooJoo, and most are quite probably vaporware. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a decent alternative, it's just that at the moment I'm not aware of a single one.

So which eBook reader is better, Kindle or Nook? I'm thinking about getting one to fuck around with. Mostly I do my reading on public transport, the toliet, and in bed so I don't need crazy battery life.

Well, the Kindle is very slightly cheaper, but sold out, and the Nook is more open in the formats it supports. I personally would go with the Kindle just because I don't really see the point of the secondary screen unless you tend to read things that would give you cause to look something up on the web now and then. I also think it looks better. You should really try and get your hands on both, if possible.

I don't think Amoled is all that great. S-LCD is better. Either way Samsung is laughing all the way to the bank as they own the patents for both (100%/50%). Yes that is the AMOLED song.

Last edited: