FinalGear Ringmeet 2010 - 14th-15th August 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember, I'm bringing a big knife. If I don't get meat that evening, I'll make good use of it. ;)

I believe the correct phrase is "Remember, I'm bringing a big knife. I'm getting some tasty flesh from you guys that evening, regardless of whether or not you saved any from the BBQ."

Seriously, we can grab one of these 15? grills at a DIY store and share the cost, it's easier. Are we allowed to grill there though? Sued? :)

Fifteen bucks? Why not simply get one or two of the trusted and tried six bucks Landmann Grills? The four bucks saved will buy more beer.

Sweet! Maybe I'll bring some slovenian meat too. :p

I never doubted it, i expect a whole deer, rammed down to still our hunger.

Sweet! Maybe I'll bring some slovenian meat too. :p

I never doubted it, i expect a whole deer, rammed down to still our hunger.

I may bring some deer stakes if I can buy them at the ranch. Never asked, usually we just go eat there.

Catching Icebone in a spelling / grammar mistake; nice...............

I'm out.

Here come the excuses:

The 7 is not ready. It's not far from completion, but... And even if I get it done in time, I'm thinking that I would like to take it easy at first, "run it in" so to speak. Besides, as I'm progressing, I'm noticing things that ideally need to be replaced. All the water hoses, for one, are looking terrible. Means that I need to order and wait for a week. The schedule just doesn't seem to work.

There are other reasons, like a very busy month at work after I'm going back on monday, and taking one extra week off right away may be difficult. And the usual financial reasons, I've had massive expenses in last few months, so throwing away another 1ke is a bit too much.

If the 7 ran, though, I'd go. But as it stands, I'm skipping this one :(

crap, with that weather report there?s gonna be gazillions of people there... but at least we?ll get a tan...

So I haven't been following this thread, but I still want to come. Would someone be so kind to fill me in what exactly is planned for when?

That's a good opportunity to clear things up in case I misunderstood something... so:
  • Friday evening: having a barbecue at the campsite with whoever already there
  • Saturday, 10 am (?): meeting at the grass parking lot at the Nordschleife entrance (it will be quite full there, I fear)
  • following that, watching cars on the track, having a look at vintage cars (it's Oldtimer Grand Prix, after all), going round the Nordschleife by any chance
  • sometime that day, the promised road rally to the campsite (so if you want the full surprise package, don't click on the link above that tells where the campsite is)
  • buying groceries for Sunday's breakfast and building the tents of those people arriving on Saturday
  • having dinner at some Italian restaurant (where exactly, by the way?)
  • getting more or less drunk at the campsite
  • sleep (freezing to death is optional)
  • Sunday: watching cars, going round the track, going home

Status
Not open for further replies.