Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

Neither of those matter anymore anyway. It's all about the Super-AMOLED, which is also Samsung.

I got the latest Top Gear from Quiky averaging over 500 KB/s :dunno:

Quiky's FTP is best, I get almost my full bandwidth from it (1.4MB/s), and very timely uploads, too :)

Yay, just noticed that my MacBook's battery is bulging! It's got 302 full charge cycles and I believe these ones are still only covered under AppleCare for 300 cycles, time to go make a scene at the Genius bar :-D
And maybe come back with a new machine, after all I went through 2 logic boards and now the battery in the last few months! I don't have my hopes too high for that happening though...

They don't count the battery in with the rest of the machine, they think of it like the power cord as a separate thing so depending on how lucky you are you might be able to get a new battery for free but not a whole computer.

I know that Apple is very bitchy about all this stuff, I deal with them everyday at work (I'm a service tech in an Apple Reseller), but I might as well give it a go!

I don't think Amoled is all that great. S-LCD is better. Either way Samsung is laughing all the way to the bank as they own the patents for both (100%/50%). Yes that is the AMOLED song.

Except IP-S is a million times better than s-pva.

Don't know what you mean by IP-S. S-IPS? Does it have a song with hot korean chicks? No? Then I'm not interested :p

Last edited:
https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2010/08/05/youtubeflowchart_final_big.jpg

They don't count the battery in with the rest of the machine, they think of it like the power cord as a separate thing so depending on how lucky you are you might be able to get a new battery for free but not a whole computer.

I got my new battery from the Apple Store, the guy didn't even check the cycle count or anything :-D

I complained about the number of repairs and while the guy said he couldn't do anything (which in my opinion and my boss' is bullshit), I might be able to get some result by bitching a bit more on the phone with AppleCare. Too much hassle for not that big of an upgrade.

After primarily using a netbook (MSI Wind U100) for the past week instead of my Latitude, I've come to the conclusion that they aren't as crappy as people make them sound. I've never really noticed any true slowdowns or anything. I'm quite impressed.

After primarily using a netbook (MSI Wind U100) for the past week instead of my Latitude, I've come to the conclusion that they aren't as crappy as people make them sound. I've never really noticed any true slowdowns or anything. I'm quite impressed.

I use a netbook rather than a notebook and put the extra money into my desktop. While it's perfectly sufficient, it's just that - sufficient. It's still slow and cramped. However, I find myself really, really wanting one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Seashell-1201N-PU17-BK-12-1-Inch-Black-Netbook/dp/B002ZLOR56

Don't know what you mean by IP-S. S-IPS? Does it have a song with hot korean chicks? No? Then I'm not interested :p

You said S-LCD, which is s-pva developed by Samsung. If you did in fact mean S-IPS, then it was not developed by Samsung.

I got my new battery from the Apple Store, the guy didn't even check the cycle count or anything :-D

I complained about the number of repairs and while the guy said he couldn't do anything (which in my opinion and my boss' is bullshit), I might be able to get some result by bitching a bit more on the phone with AppleCare. Too much hassle for not that big of an upgrade.

The battery life is abysmal on these things even if you do everything right. :(

That's the same one I bought my mum (it actually replaced a desktop). Compared to my fancy laptop it's obviously notably slower loading things and the touch pad is just awful but other than that I like it. IDK why someone would buy like an ipad or something over it, I would LOVE to have my own to carry around in my purse.