Bicycles!

You're also Canadian, which automatically makes you polite. :p

Maybe it's because these dickheads make me hate all cyclists with a deep, seething, burning passion...

sorry, but maybe THIS in turn means you just shouldn't post in this thread...
what makes you come into this thread, which obviously is only frequented by people you hate so much?

also: this thread is about bicycles, not the people giving cyclists a bad name everywhere.

Maybe because this is, above all other things, a forum for motorists and motoring-related activities.

Please take your complaints to the complaint thread and fuck off? Mmmkay?

Maybe because this is, above all other things, a forum for motorists and motoring-related activities.

Blind, that's not what I meant when I said I don't understand why you'd post this here.
Afterall, this was your own response to thedguy's tirade in the motorbiker's thread (which imo was pretty much the same as you're doing now):
This is a thread for riders not for drivers to bitch at us.
To me, that seems quite fitting in this context as well, doesn't it? So why are you doing this yourself now?

Last edited:
OT:
https://pic.armedcats.net/s/sp/speedmeist3r/2010/08/03/IMG_Strida.jpg

His and hers Stridas.

I solve the problem by riding off road :D It's the closest I'm going to get to a 4x4 :(

OT:
https://pic.armedcats.net/s/sp/speedmeist3r/2010/08/03/IMG_Strida.jpg

His and hers Stridas.

Weird looking. I'm assuming it's a folding bike of sorts? I prefer Rallye. Those are some sweet folding bikes.

Yup, definitely weird looking and weird handling. They fold like scissors, the pivot being the apex of the "A", at the handlebar stem, so you can roll them on the wheels while folded. Takes a little while to get used to the funny riding geometry. The disc brakes stop well too. Got them for rides at the park.

I've been cycling for commuting for about two months now because I'm shit poor but also frankly because I enjoy it. I neglected that part of my life for a long while and am quite happy to get into it again. Can anybody reccomend some good hybrid tires? I have a 29er that's otherwise fairly decked out for touring but still had those knobby off-road things on it.

@Blind- it really is the same as with anything else- plenty of arses, a few courteous people who actually respect others, and that's that. The spandex-clad imbeciles that are rude to drivers and motorbikers are also rude to respectful cyclists like myself, they blow us off on the road two. They're just self-righteous twats who think they own the road because they spend $7,000 to make their bike five pounds lighter than something that cost half that. But they don't represent all cyclists any more than the vaguely homoerotic harley-davidson culture represents motorcyclists.

Fair enough.

Sorry guys, but after several days of encounters with lycra-clad fucksticks or girly-denim-wearing hipster cock droppings I guess I was a little pissed off at the cycling community in general.

Please accept my apologies.

Fair enough.

Sorry guys, but after several days of encounters with lycra-clad fucksticks or girly-denim-wearing hipster cock droppings I guess I was a little pissed off at the cycling community in general.

Please accept my apologies.

hahahaha that actually made me laugh :p
so i for one gladly accept :thumbsup:

random question:
something in the vicinity of my pedals is sort of clicking. like it's lose and constantly rocking from one side to the other with the rhythm of me pedaling.
it's really rather strange and it definitely happens once (sometimes twices) per revolution. i've had the central bearing changed (it was ~6 years old after all), but the same thing is happening still, although MUCH less noisy and much less noticeable (before i would physically feel the clicking going on). but it's still there and it still happens as often.
strangely, it used to only happen when i was trying to get a little power onto the road, going up a hill or something, now it rather happens when i'm idly cruising along.

any ideas? i'm confused :?

I don't know a whole lot about bike maintenance, however I've been watching a couple of YouTube films on the subject. And maybe this is your problem; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j1gSwhsVN8 (from 3:25)? Although it's not in the vicinity of the pedals.

Ooo... Clicking noises. Besides checking your cranks and pedals are tightened properly, and your pedal bearings are still good, try the saddle and seatpost. Sometimes those get loose and make clicking noises that sound like it's coming from the pedals.

and check you spokes. if one isn't tightened enough, they can rub over eachother and also result in a clicking noise...

will do, thanks :)
never thought about looking anywhere else since i could definitely feel the clicking in my feet... but ... well... it does make sense that it could just be something else

Ooo... Clicking noises. Besides checking your cranks and pedals are tightened properly, and your pedal bearings are still good, try the saddle and seatpost. Sometimes those get loose and make clicking noises that sound like it's coming from the pedals.

That's what I was going to say, Check that the prack is pushed all the way into position and the nut is nice and tight in there. I had a problem where my crank kept falling off because the nut would loosen it's self off after a long ride.

Does anybody have any experience with BBB parts? I was looking for a cheap computer that displayed riding time and average speed and their BCP-02 was the cheapest.

Y0yhL.png

In other news, hopefully picking this up this weekend or early next week, can't wait. Once it's in my possession I'll give it a thorough cleaning and grease everything up, any particular product I should use? I heard WD-40 is a no-no?

Does anybody have any experience with BBB parts?

Only with their handlebar tape.. which is alright. On the computer front I'd rather buy Sigma, but I can't really tell you why or if I'm wrong about it.