StarCraft II....hell, it's about time

oh crap, i didn't even notice the typo. its supposed to be an 8600GT so its only like 3 years old

My laptop is like Your desktop, only with a C2D 2.0Ghz, same vid everything. So on max it plays if You only on your base, but when the action begins then it starts to get jerky. No I play on 1440x900 rez everything on low. Plays good, but something is with the game or my drivers that there are some gliches and after shuting the game some driver funkcios disable or something I have to restart my laptop.

Since You will use a desktop so I thing medium should go with some features on high or ultra.

oh crap, i didn't even notice the typo. its supposed to be an 8600GT so its only like 3 years old

I think that's what my MacBook Pro has. I have to run it on low to get smooth movement, but I'm running it in OSX, which sucks for 3D gaming for reasons I don't quite understand. I haven't tried installing it on my PC partition because I'm low on hard drive space in that partition, so it might run quite well in Windows with that hardware.

Even "low" looks pretty good, though, and the gameplay is no different than with better graphics.

Have the same vid card as you on my own desktop that I got a few years ago.

I ran the beta and it ran a little bit laggy, but not too bad. I'm sure with the campaign and all it would be noticeable.

As a result I would have to play it on the other desktop at home (has 2 9800 GTs on SLI) if I get it.

Try it and drop the settings down a notch. I'm sure it'll run just fine.

My computer runs it with everything maxed out, specs are in my signature.

My laptop runs it with everything on "High" without any problem, specs are in my signature.

my computer runs it on the lowest of the low settings. it still managed to eat 10 hours of my life today.

Someone returned the collector's edition at Gamestop today. Guess who picked it up? :D

BTW, 12 GIGS for an install? WTF?!

I have decided that as long as my gameplay consists of roughly one hour every other day, I'm not going to play online. Tired of getting my butt kicked by teenagers on spring break who are playing it ten times as much as I am X(

Beat the campaign today. I realize the game's going to be continued in the Zerg expansion, but that ending was unsatisfying.

I just hope that expansion gets here soon. But I doubt it...

I have decided that as long as my gameplay consists of roughly one hour every other day, I'm not going to play online. Tired of getting my butt kicked by teenagers on spring break who are playing it ten times as much as I am X(

this is by far the biggest problem i've had with the mp, the amount of people who go for rush tactics rather than actual strategic tactics. i've always believed that those who use rush tactics are merely unable to think tactically and just go for the cheap kill so they can go one place higher in the leaderboards. only the other day i won a 3v3 match and the other player promptly declared us and his own team a "bunch of starcraft nerd fags" since i am already a sci-fi nerd i can take it on the chin and smile, but it does speak a lot about his state of mind.
give the co-operative mode a go, so far i've found it fun. although on the medium mode, a sizeable enemy assault begins early so you need a proper defence straight away. given up counting the amount of times i've had to come to the rescue of other players who have gone for setting up a second resource base instead of building a army.

Last edited:
On my laptop (acer 5536 with an athlon 64 x2 2,1Ghz, 4Gb ram and a ATI HD3200). I get 50fps with everything turned down...

Someone returned the collector's edition at Gamestop today. Guess who picked it up? :D

BTW, 12 GIGS for an install? WTF?!
12GB isn't that uncommon these days. Mass Effect 2, GTA IV, they've all been 12 gigs. But I have a feeling they've also been a lot more massive games.

12GB isn't that uncommon these days. Mass Effect 2, GTA IV, they've all been 12 gigs. But I have a feeling they've also been a lot more massive games.

My Steam folder is 104GB. :)

BC2 = 7GB, MW2 = 11.2GB, DIRT2 = 10.7GB, GTA4 = 15.4GB, GTA4:EFLC = another 16.4GB, GRID = 10.4GB, and so forth. :)

Just be happy SC2 isn't WoW. My WoW folder is 17GB and it'll easily pass 20GB once the next expansion comes out.

Well, after unofficially playing the game as a 'demo' I decided that it was definitely fun enough to purchase. I was going to buy it digitally but of course the digital copies are more expensive (because internets are so costly these days), so I ended up getting a normal copy instead.

this is by far the biggest problem i've had with the mp, the amount of people who go for rush tactics rather than actual strategic tactics. i've always believed that those who use rush tactics are merely unable to think tactically and just go for the cheap kill so they can go one place higher in the leaderboards. only the other day i won a 3v3 match and the other player promptly declared us and his own team a "bunch of starcraft nerd fags" since i am already a sci-fi nerd i can take it on the chin and smile, but it does speak a lot about his state of mind.
give the co-operative mode a go, so far i've found it fun. although on the medium mode, a sizeable enemy assault begins early so you need a proper defence straight away. given up counting the amount of times i've had to come to the rescue of other players who have gone for setting up a second resource base instead of building a army.

Really good players set up a rush while beginning to set up for a long-term game to follow it. They assume that if the opponent is about as good as them the rush won't actually win the game when it happens, but that the small setback it creates gives an early upper hand.

I tried multiplayer for the first time. I played one round.....

My colon can't repel that sort of trauma.

I wouldn't disparage rushing. It's a legitimate tactic as turtling at first while you tech, just like how going for a takedown is as legitimate as standing toe-to-toe in MMA. Back at the last RTS I didn't suck at (C&C Generals), I'd routinely rush (technicals and suicide bombers into their economy). I wouldn't do this because I didn't know how to tech and build a large army, but because it game me an economic advantage while we both teched up. I could have my sophisticated army ready before they did if they spent the first five minutes of the game defending their economy instead of preparing to fight me. And if they caved completely from an early rush, that works too.

It's just good sense to put pressure on an opponent early and often. Rushing is one part of that.

I wouldn't disparage rushing. It's a legitimate tactic as turtling at first while you tech, just like how going for a takedown is as legitimate as standing toe-to-toe in MMA. Back at the last RTS I didn't suck at (C&C Generals), I'd routinely rush (technicals and suicide bombers into their economy). I wouldn't do this because I didn't know how to tech and build a large army, but because it game me an economic advantage while we both teched up. I could have my sophisticated army ready before they did if they spent the first five minutes of the game defending their economy instead of preparing to fight me. And if they caved completely from an early rush, that works too.

It's just good sense to put pressure on an opponent early and often. Rushing is one part of that.

Ah, Generals, the only RTS I've ever been able to understand.

Sorry, carry on.

Just brings me back to the whole "why do I have to install my games and console guys don't" question. Anyway, it's installed but I haven't been able to touch it yet.

Just brings me back to the whole "why do I have to install my games and console guys don't" question. Anyway, it's installed but I haven't been able to touch it yet.

Some PS3 games require hard disk installs :lol:

Hard drives are a hell of a lot faster than the disc anyway. Even if I didn't have to install, if given the option I would.