Beer

I'm taking suggestions for a good mid-price range beer for evening relax. By that I mean - anything over $8 for a six-pack is too much.
Ain't gonna happen. Modelo is bleh and every single Miller is just as bad as bud and all of its derivatives

I don't know around here you can get Sam Adams, Leinenkugels, Blue Moon, Sierra Nevada, Smithwicks, etc. all hover around $8.

Sam Adams is the hope of the US. I urge all to try and if you like continue to buy.

I have had some bottles over here and it was a fine beer - went to the States and it was by far the best Ale brewed and widely available.

I found an early batch of Sam Adams Octoberfest at my WalMart in the back room... easily one of the best fall seasonals out of ANY brewery.

I found an early batch of Sam Adams Octoberfest at my WalMart in the back room... easily one of the best fall seasonals out of ANY brewery.

Finding Sam Adams Octoberfest in the store is one of my cues to become hopeful that summer is almost over.

I much prefer Autumn and Winter... here in Oklahoma during August it is 100+ during the day (in the shade) with a heat index in the 120s. If I had to give a favorite month of the year it would be October. Football season is getting started, baseball playoffs, pumpkins, squash, excuse to eat Halloween candy, and cooler weather.

I've been drinking Sam Adams Summer Ale, and it is amazing.

^ I had a Dogfish Head recently (no idea which one, a summer one), and I wasn't a huge fan. Had an aftertaste akin to gin.

I had a Dogfish Head recently (no idea which one, a summer one), and I wasn't a huge fan. Had an aftertaste akin to gin.

They make a ton of different beers, not sure which summer beers are out right now. I will say they are hit and miss, but the beers they get right they really get right. I personally can't stand any hoppy beers, which Dogfish Head loves. However, their 60, 90 and 120 minute IPAs have such high alcohol content that it masks the hop taste greatly and makes for a really delicious beer with a kick. If you like dark beers, their World Wide Stout is phenomenal (18% ABV).

I just found out Dogfish head makes a very limited release beer called Fort. Its a raspberry beer that only comes in those large bottles and growlers, it also has an ABV of 18%. I am now on a constant mission to find this.

Last edited:
Never tried Brahma, but BeerAdovocate gives it a C+ overall so it can't be bad. How about Yuengling or Moosehead? They're both cheap.

Well its definitely not a great beer, but at a bar its almost always the same price as Miller Lite, Coors, or Bud, and after drinking a Miller Lite and going to Yuengling its like a whole new world.

I think its main advantage is just the fact that it simply costs the same as Miller Lite but is a much more quality beer.

Honestly, I would rather drink Bud Light than Yuengling. Maybe the bottle I got was skunked somehow, but I was not even slightly pleased by it.

To each their own taste for sure, but I've never heard anyone feel so negative about Yuengling. I would say give it one more shot and if it still tastes like crap to you then you know you never need to try it again.

Did it actually taste skunked? Or was it a different particular flavor/aftertaste that offended you?