Mafia II

And yea I liked the original Mafia... though I got sort of bummed when the guy got shot at the end, why bother making me play the game? :p

If you played through the game thoroughly and really listened to what tommy was saying in the flash forwards when talking to the cop, you would understand why he died at the end. IMO the original mafia had the best storyline of any game ever made. it has a really deep meaning and in the end teaches some good morals. It was also beautifully scripted it felt more like a Scorsese movie rather than a game. The reason he got shot in the end is because the whole point of the game is to show how a life of crime will ultimately lead to your downfall and death in the end and how when you are a criminal u cant trust any one even if you think that they are your best friend.

And like paco said its the same reason why people watch the sopranos. just because the end of something does not wrap up every little detail does not mean it was not a good ending. imo both mafia and the sopranos had excellent endings am im sure mafia II will be nothing short of spectacular as well.

As for the 15 hours of gameplay thats only a rumor, no one except the developers have played the game so no one knows, if it is shorter than GTA IV i will be a little disappointed as the length of the story line in IV was the only bad part of the game. If GTA IV was longer it would have been better. I am still hopeful that it will be longer than 15 hours tho.

Im i the only one that can't wait for the demo in a few hours???

Demo will be available for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360. :)

i wish they will just release it already i have been waiting for this game for almost a decade and i am getting SO impatient right now

Since it's almost 3AM where you are, just go to sleep and it'll be available when you wake up! :D

The same reason people bother watching the Sopranos. ;)

Who says I watch the Sopranos?
And what do I have to do to make people understand in this forum when I'm being sarcastic? I tried the smileys, I tried the 'over the top', yet everything I say is taken seriously.
I liked Mafia and I understand how old grudges never die in the families, just felt bad, normally the hero walks off into the sunset with all his goals accomplished. But this turn of events is of course another sign of a great game.
Story wise, I liked Max Payne more, dunno why. I hear they're gonna fuck the series up with a Max Payne 3, old man fighting in the jungle... ta hell

Also, is Steam down? it says it can't connect to the servers...
I've hated Steam from the moment it was born <.<

Really? I just opened it and for the first time in a kajillion years, magically, it asked for my password (After "updating steam platform" which is annoying as hell, every time I open it) So I enter my password and tick Save my password
Then it was just stuck in the task bar. Tried double click, right click, nothing. All of the sudden it shows up on my screen and the context menu as well (right click menu). It would not go away so I just pressed exit, and Steam closed.
Opened it again... waited... waited... nothing worked. Had to kill the process.
Open it a third time and it shows my log in screen AGAIN (see bold detail above), I type down my password and now it works

Oh yeah that reminds me,
the demo is out.

Who says I watch the Sopranos?
And what do I have to do to make people understand in this forum when I'm being sarcastic? I tried the smileys, I tried the 'over the top', yet everything I say is taken seriously.

Its been long established that sarcasm does not work well over the Internet. So I advise you add some thing like "/sarcasm" if you are intending sarcasm.

Downloading Steam at the moment. Forgot that I don't have steam installed after the recent HDD failure.

Yeah unless you own an ATi like me hm? PhysX=scam, should be banned somewhere

i dont see how u can say its a scam a company developed a product and a game developer decided to use said product. its the same thing as having a ps3 or xbox 360 exclusive game. they are trying to sell their product and make money which is the point of any company.

any way i thought it was amazing. graphics were so crisp and clean i thought it was real (i am very very picky on graphics too) i averaged about 35 FPS in the benchmark with everything on high. the game play i thought was great and the cover system felt very good to use. i think rockstar better watch out and really step their game up for GTA V as this, IMO, can really rival it.

also did any one notice the playboy in the distillery? u can pick it up and look at it. i was shocked as it was completely uncensored real photographs. i am wondering how they can do that with an m rated game and not get the adult rating?

Last edited: