Post Your Watches

Really? I want an IWC badly for some reason.

Really? I want an IWC badly for some reason.

I think its because they are fucking hot sex.
5240-007.jpg

I'd take an IWC over a Rolex for sure; though my grandmother has said when I finish my watchmaking school she'll give me my Grandfathers' old gold Rolex he got from working for his company for 30 years, so I guess I'll be getting a Rolex anyway. :lol:

hey.
21st coming up and family tradition to get a rolex. at the moment tossing up between stainless daytona with black face and a stainless submariner.
just wondering what you guys think of those two watches.

Depends. Are you going to do daily wear it or only for dressy/special occasions? Daily wear I'd got for the Daytona, stainless bezel will hold up better than the black of the submariner and the chronograph will come in handy. Otherwise go for the Submariner, it's the classic standby dress watch.

hey.
21st coming up and family tradition to get a rolex. at the moment tossing up between stainless daytona with black face and a stainless submariner.
just wondering what you guys think of those two watches.

Can I ask why Rolex? Just the tradition thing?

Some of their designs are pretty good to be sure, but have you looked at other brands? Rolex watches are just so common... I'm not one to dismiss brands just because they are popular with the masses, but I think a lot of people go the Rolex route simply because of its popularity.

From those two I'd go with the Submariner. The Daytona looks boring to me for a chronograph... if I was limited to pick something from the Oyster line it would be a Submariner or the Yachmaster. The Yachmaster is one that I actually like the looks of... I was going to buy one in white before I decided to get the Breguet instead, and I've no regrets.

To me Rolexes just aren't beautiful enough to justify the price tag. Some models like the Yachmaster look quite good to me for a sports watch, but at that price I want something really beautiful and not just really well made.

But that's just me. ;)

You have a Breguet? Post your watch :)

You have a Breguet? Post your watch :)

I do indeed. :mrgreen:

I have posted it in the form of a stock photo before. I'll get some decent pictures of mine if I can be arsed when it's daytime.

https://pic.armedcats.net/s/sh/shawn/2010/07/18/DSC_1576__2_.jpg

I wear this daily.

It's partially because my Seamaster loses minutes every day and needs to be serviced badly. But also because I love it and see no point in locking something away where you only get to enjoy the idea that you own it.

I have this one:

Polar_F4_Mens_Fitness_Watch.gif

It is actually my first watch,although it wasn't designed primarily as one. After several years of sitting on a chair all day, I decided to take on jogging to get back into shape. This one was the best value for money I found on Amazon. It is ultra light and got used to wearing it instantly. For 4 months now, it turned out to be pretty resistant to rough treatment.

(img snip)
I wear this daily.

It's partially because my Seamaster loses minutes every day and needs to be serviced badly. But also because I love it and see no point in locking something away where you only get to enjoy the idea that you own it.

Mad respect!
I have the catalogue in front of me and that is one expensive steel watch.
Take good care of her.

wva-430.jpg

Most abused watch ever... but no need to set time (takes account of DST) or replace battery so can't complain.

Depends. Are you going to do daily wear it or only for dressy/special occasions? Daily wear I'd got for the Daytona, stainless bezel will hold up better than the black of the submariner and the chronograph will come in handy. Otherwise go for the Submariner, it's the classic standby dress watch.
It will be an everyday watch for me.
Can I ask why Rolex? Just the tradition thing?
Yeh the tradition thing, dads only watch that he wears, everyday, is his submariner he got on his 21st, and hes 55 this year.
because he has the submariner im leaning towards the daytona, i just love the way it looks.

I also froth on IWC watches. the porteguese watches are beautiful.

attachment.php

this is a watch i found on amazon called and im not joking the police TOP GEAR
299-2836698spa72uc584453m-3784.jpg

my new watch {a bit delboy maybe but i like it} it's gold plated wit a stone set bezel it cost a mere ?40 and friends are amazed such ane expensive looking watch cost so little

Last edited:
Eh.... looks like a $40 watch to me, sorry. Though I'm one of those old fashioned types who believe the only diamonds (or shiny glittering lookalikes in this case) a man should have are on his turntable stylus and wife.

Eh.... looks like a $40 watch to me, sorry. Though I'm one of those old fashioned types who believe the only diamonds (or shiny glittering lookalikes in this case) a man should have are on his turntable stylus and wife.

This. It looks cheap and showy for the sake of being showy, sorry.

With regards to the PRC200, Blue face + silver hands > Black face + yellow hands.

I agree completely, however my last watch was the exact same color blue as the blue face PRC200. I just can't spend the money on the same color, even though the watch is much, much nicer than my last.

Hmm, different design though. And I think once you see both in person you'll take the blue like I did.

Last edited: