What car maker are you most angry with?

I agree with most of what is said here but I think the real anger should be directed towards:

The general car-buying public, because they're the ones who push the car companies with their $$$ to make cars that are: bigger, heavier, more comfortable, quieter, safer for kids and pedestrians.

They're the ones driving the car industry into it's current state (aside from enthusiasts) and should be burned at the stake, stripped of their cars and downgraded to public transit or motorbikes.

Hyundai!
Because I used to love ripping them apart. Nowadays though I find myself recommending the new Sonata and Genesis.
Way to get good and spoil my fun...

All car makers.

Screw power anything
Screw electronic steering and braking
Screw safety
Screw fuel economy.

I want a full frame lightweight carborated car with a detachable windshield, radios are for pussies.

(caterham is in the mail, in my dreams that is...)

FTFY. :thumbup:

Last edited:
All car makers.

Screw power anything
Screw electronic steering and braking
Screw safety
Screw fuel economy.

I want a full frame lightweight carborated car with a detachable windshield, radios are for pussies.

(caterham is in the mail, in my dreams that is...)

tr4rc1.jpg

Or...

triumph_bonneville_2003_2.jpg

Toyota, for going from the Supra+Celica+MR2+2000GT etc. to fuck all.
And for having shit steering and no road feel.

How do they do road feel with drive by wire anyhow?

BMW: Not making ultimate driving machines but ultimate fuel-saving machines.

Fiat: For letting Alfa Romeo and Lancia die

Porsche: For building cars like the Cayenne and Panamera instead of a new transaxle FR-car.

Peugeot: Their cars look horrible

Well... it hasn't happened yet but they've announced the next M3 will be a turbo. They'll start making extensive use of turbos to meet fuel consumption targets. They have to do it though as regulations are forcing them in both EU and US. I'm sure it'll still drive brilliantly but na > forced induction imo.
It makes me sad, but we'll always have used E92 M3s to buy in the future :)

Last edited:
BMC/BL/Rover for going bankrupt and going from being innovative to crap in 10 short years.
TVR for just going bust.
Clan for going out of business.
Jag for being bought by you know who.
Ford for not building the really rather good Euro Cars in the US.
GM for poncing about with Opel/Vauxhall.
Maserati for that debacle with the break light
Peugeot for making some really rather good cars and some god awful ones at one and the same time - so confusing.
I agree with the above post - BMW for making not the ultimate driving machine anymore but the ultimate economic machine.
Mercedes for making the A class and building loads of shit stuff between the late 1990s and a couple of years ago.
Porsche for picking the wrong cars to build.
Subaru for the latest WRX not as good as the last ones - never a smart move to build a car worse than its predecessors.
VW for have shit dealers - no really bad, they really really are.
Audi for not being as good as they should be wrt reliability.
Citroen for not being wacky enough.
I am sure that there are more.

I still don't get the whole BMW making economy machines. Last I checked the new cars are faster than the old ones. I feel better with the next M3 using a six cylinder than an eight, turbo or not.

I'm going to need to add Ford... For the death by negligence of Mercury. They had plenty of options and opportunity to save the brand and create something interesting. Bring over some Euro or Aussie Fords as a sporty near luxury brand, easy to do on the heels of Marauder and Cougar success. But instead they just rebadged US models to compete with...Ford. Swing and a Miss guys

It makes me sad, but we'll always have used E92 M3s to buy in the future :)

Not mine though. I'm keeping it for this very reason ... last of a breed ... maybe the last M-division car with a bespoke engine. :( The new M5 will have an engine derived from that in the X6 (or so I'm led to believe) .. it just isn't the same.

Well... it hasn't happened yet but they've announced the next M3 will be a turbo. They'll start making extensive use of turbos to meet fuel consumption targets. They have to do it though as regulations are forcing them in both EU and US. I'm sure it'll still drive brilliantly but na > forced induction imo.
Has BMW ever half-assed an M car? I'm sure the new M3 is going to be amazing, like you said.

I still don't get the whole BMW making economy machines. Last I checked the new cars are faster than the old ones. I feel better with the next M3 using a six cylinder than an eight, turbo or not.
If you believe that speed is everything, then the automotive world is heading in the right direction. However, everyone I know that has driven different-generation M3s says that although the E30 is by far the slowest, it is also by far the most entertaining and enjoyable to drive.

I'm going to need to add Ford... For the death by negligence of Mercury. They had plenty of options and opportunity to save the brand and create something interesting. Bring over some Euro or Aussie Fords as a sporty near luxury brand, easy to do on the heels of Marauder and Cougar success. But instead they just rebadged US models to compete with...Ford. Swing and a Miss guys
:lol: I didn't realize anyone at all in the entire universe cared about Mercury

If you believe that speed is everything, then the automotive world is heading in the right direction.

The same goes for handling.

Generally speaking, the faster a car is, it needs more computer gubbins to make it safe and easy to control. Your average driver would shit himself at trying to control an untamed 420hp V8 M3.

Well, isn't that what Corvettes are for?