The "Things that annoy me" thread

Melting chocolate, when it gets warm outside.

We have no air condition in our office and you pack some chocolate in your bag and then you try and eat it and it has the consistency of hot wax and sticks to the paper after an hour or so. Try eating it and you'll get chocolate on your hands, on your trousers and on your keyboard. I hate it.

Same is for sweets. You can't unwrap them anymore, because they stick to the plastic foil.

People who drive past but slow down first to stare at me when I'm jogging in the morning. Pisses me off. This lady stared at me and then when I noticed she burned rubber down the road.

I thought this older lady in a 3-series earlier today was going to touch me inappropriately by the look on her face when she was checking me out. If she was only 50 years younger...

She looked at me like: :wicked:

And I was like: :confused:

Isn't sex a lot more fun way to exercise than jogging?

My internet connection and the 300 ping i have while trying to play online games. It's supposed to be a high speed 8 mbps line and all I get is worse latency than in my 56k era.

Not finding a server for the game I wanna play.

People.

that stupid eye-infection i now have. it itches like hell and i better not touch it. AHUNADSGUSAODGNS!!!! if this doesn't stop in the next two days that'll drive me crazy...
also: this means i can't go to the ringmeet. shit -.-

My focking co-worker......who is sick, AGAIN, this would make it the 6the or 7the time this year, and if he's not 'sick' for the week, he's on holidayleave.....leaving me to do the work of 2 people.
I swear to god if my cellphone rings one more time today I'm gonna have a heartattack.

^oh I SO wish I had your cellphone nr now... I'd call you forevah!

The people who have ruined free moving boxes for everyone else.

I'm going to start moving in Friday. So far I've been to 5 different grocery stores and several other office supply stores and copy shops looking for boxes. In at least 3/4 of these places, when I've asked if they could save some boxes for me, they've turned around and said "We used to save boxes for people, but then they never showed up."

Now, I used to work in a produce department in a grocery store, and I know what they are talking about. Either people never show up, or they say that they want all that we can save, and then when they come back they take two. However, we still saved them.

It must have gotten a lot worse, because hardly anybody saves them anymore. Even the stores on Monday night that said they they would leave a note for their Tuesday morning crew never did. Then, I stopped at a few stores in the morning to plant the seed that I could harvest in the afternoon, still almost half never bothered.

Damnit.

So, all of you who have previously asked stores to save boxes for you, please don't bother unless you actually plan on picking them up.

Also, when there are two left-turn lanes, the people on the inside lane don't realize there's an outside lane, and honk at ME when they cut me off as they cut across the lanes while they are turning.

The people who have ruined free moving boxes for everyone else.

I'm going to start moving in Friday. So far I've been to 5 different grocery stores and several other office supply stores and copy shops looking for boxes. In at least 3/4 of these places, when I've asked if they could save some boxes for me, they've turned around and said "We used to save boxes for people, but then they never showed up."

Now, I used to work in a produce department in a grocery store, and I know what they are talking about. Either people never show up, or they say that they want all that we can save, and then when they come back they take two. However, we still saved them.

It must have gotten a lot worse, because hardly anybody saves them anymore. Even the stores on Monday night that said they they would leave a note for their Tuesday morning crew never did. Then, I stopped at a few stores in the morning to plant the seed that I could harvest in the afternoon, still almost half never bothered.

Damnit.

So, all of you who have previously asked stores to save boxes for you, please don't bother unless you actually plan on picking them up.

Also, when there are two left-turn lanes, the people on the inside lane don't realize there's an outside lane, and honk at ME when they cut me off as they cut across the lanes while they are turning.

Go to a Walmart after midnight(when they are restocking) and collect as many as you like.

Jetsetter. There are few right wingers on this board, and he is not helping the cause.

Did I miss something?

Jetsetter. There are few right wingers on this board, and he is not helping the cause.

As far as I can tell, all of those right wingers I encountered on the forum here, probably only know their own county from own experience, have huge lacks in geopolitical knowledge and history and are in general rather ignorant.

The mistake is to get into a discussion with them in the first place. I avoid it, if possible, because I know they are a minority that's not representing the opinions on this forum, no matter how loud they are.

It's like talking to religious fundamentalists in a way.

Speaking of which:

Religious people often annoy me. They mostly think they believe in God but in reality only believe in what has been written in a book -- by humans. They only see the words written in the book and forget about the ideas and thoughts behind it.

Last edited:
Of course they only know their own country, travel has nothing to do with being able to act or think like a Roman in Rome. You can live with Aleuts for a year, doesn't mean you have the capacity to think in their terms, that is an attitude that is built, not acquired by frequent flyer miles. But there is always that speck of irony in your posts. I'd say ignorance is not being able to see, say, religious people on their terms. Not to say you have to agree with them or even approve, you just have to have that bit of understanding why they do what they do.

Don't worry about a reply, enlightened, ignorant, etc, etc. Just had to put in my two cents, McGuffin is clearly the smartest person ever.