Top Gear Show/Site Suggestions

Taking from the convertible challenge, they should test 3 brand new luxury cars by doing a challenge. The challenge is to drive 3 celebrities around from the wee hours of the morning to go to places like the saloon, or pick up their dresses or suits for a night gala party they are going too. Points would be given by the celebrities on ride comfort, quickness and driver's overall. James can get lost, Jeremy would be way too impatient and crash and Richard could test a pickup truck.

Probably wishful thinking in the current economy, but I want to see a properly non-sensible segment of million dollar Supercars. Veyron, CCXR, Reventon, One77.

How about a drag race, lol.

They should have this rather hard challenge where the producers pick a small part of town that is always busy and let them find ways to make the traffic smoother. Of course they should pick a town that is not a major city so they dont irritate a gazibillion people. They could build new roads or improve on existing ones by adding/removing some signs or do something to the road itself.

Last edited:
Each of them should buy a luxury car with their own money and have some normally weird challenges. The surprise is that in the end, they should improve on the car by adding TV and luxury type things or adding double glazing or improving on the ride and have an auction. Winner is the one with the most profit and points.

Some of the best episodes of Top Gear happens when the 3 are put into compromising situations, about cars, doing things they hate. Vietnam for example was great.

So how about this.... cars are now prevalent in hiphop culture.

The 3 of them must produce a hip hop music video, each of them must select their fleet of exotic cars, make the proper modifications (rims, etc), and invite guests to cameo in the video.

It'd be epic, esp the James May version.

Common Mr. Wilman, make it happn :)

A return of the:
1. How Hard Can It Be? challenges, (eg:Tanks, (non lethal obviously)).
2. THE COOL WALL.
3. Caravan killing.

:)

The Coolwall is indeed something I'd be looking forward to! Especially the reasoning that goes with the specific car :p
How hard can it be is more like the "we've received a letter ..." which is nothing more than an introduction to the clip ahead.

Caravanning is replaced by Morris Marianing I guess :p

One of the most important thing about the car is the tires. They should do challenges with tires.

Caravan racing challenge: Each presenter is given a preset budget to buy a caravan + car (budget around the grotty end of the market - Allegro's, Lada's etc). Do a few challenges along the way to the race venue (e.g. some torture tests to soften up the cars and caravans a bit), then race caravans around a track to destruction. Ensure there's no winning combination (because we really don't want any recommendations involving caravans that don't involve cliffs, explosives or fire - e.g. Drop a piano on the winning combination or something). Result: Dead caravans, dead bangers. Everyone's a winner. :)

Another idea would be to assist the UK govt in clearing its scrappage scheme backlog with some suitably destructive tests. Could be tied in with a safety feature (e.g. Public service broadcast warning about the dangers of pushing a car out of the back of a (flying) C130 Hercules. The dangers of parking a car next to a tank. The dangers of jump starting a car with a trebuchet etc) ;)

Continuing the amphibious car challenge, they prove they can work, but can they live in it? They should each make or rebuild their cars for overnight stay. They should have some random challenges. The main challenge is that the producers enters them into a fishing competition. They find their own spots to fish, then drive somewhere else because they cant catch any. Jeremy should get stuck on seaweed or something.

Jeremy hates fishing :)

I think this is interesting. They should each buy their first car. This should be a special or a main video where they visit where they used to live and where they used to go for each of the trio. So it should be test of endurance and some other stuff the producer's will think off

I think this is interesting. They should each buy their first car. This should be a special or a main video where they visit where they used to live and where they used to go for each of the trio. So it should be test of endurance and some other stuff the producer's will think off

My First Car: Is It Just As Good (or Bad) Now As It Was Then?

With the usual "cheap car challenge" budget of ?1500, the boys have to buy some version of the first car they ever owned (preferably, it should be the exact car, right down to the year; if they can't find the exact year, they can substitute). Afterwards, they'll put them through the usual series of challenges.

Methinks we're on a similar wavelength. :nod: Though, of course, the budget would now be ?5000 instead of ?1500.

Is it just me or do we want to see the reasonably priced car actually being reviewed? We see it every week but it was never fully reviewed.

Nor was the Lacetti (not really). And nor was the Liana, I suspect.

-Challenges: Female car challenge, 4wd-Challenge, Wintercar-Challenge, Japanese/European Sportscar challenge, Worst-car- Cahllenge
-Coolwall
-Some races

4WD challenge has kinda been covered already (Bolivia/Chile special).

And by "female car" you mean "a car that would be appealing to women"? (It'd be another way to get the boys' other halves involved, in any case!)

4WD challenge has kinda been covered already (Bolivia/Chile special).

And by "female car" you mean "a car that would be appealing to women"? (It'd be another way to get the boys' other halves involved, in any case!)

No i thought about whats the best car for female drivers, including challenges like reverse parking in a gap thats not longer than the car itself.;)

Last edited: