Random Thoughts....

I know someone who's a "certified" Goldsmith (more like certifiable). But even though he's got the paper saying he's qualified, because he's only 20 most stores here won't even hire him because they think he's way too full of himself and way too young to have so much experience in something like that.

There are so few people able to do this trade left that i wonder if there's a problem with him beside his age if he can't find a job - like the "too full of himself" meaning "he's an absolute douche know-it-all"...

I saw a nun at the university's cafeteria today and suddenly i had this image in my mind of her going down in a hailstorm of bullets -in slow motion, of course- while the shooter screams: "WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?"

The young woman at the cinema pay window tonight had a name tag saying she was "S. Bristow". I could barely resist calling her Sidney.

I saw a nun at the university's cafeteria today and suddenly i had this image in my mind of her going down in a hailstorm of bullets -in slow motion, of course- while the shooter screams: "WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?"

:lmao:

You're absolutely horrible. And so am I because that amused me a bit. BRB handbasket.

http://www.crunchgear.com/2010/08/05/tokyo-hotel-offers-model-trains-to-the-tragically-lonely/

I know they say "presumably", but what would the story writers do with a train that would require it to be sanitized? :blink:

JoOnRails.jpg

?

Unrelated: I found a newborn baby squirrel in my driveway! Well, I technically found two, but the other one had been run over by one of my neighbors already. He twitched a little when I poked him with my key, so I took him in to the animal shelter. I thought it was a dog at first. Poor little guy didn't even have any hair except a couple black whiskers and he didn't even have his eyes open yet. :(

I did get some funny looks for bringing in a barely-moving squirrel, though. I just felt so sorry for the little guy, abandoned in the middle of the driveway like that.

Last edited:
Netflix instant viewing has the complete first season of All Creatures Great And Small.

:happy:

My parents and I used to watch the show on Thursday nights. Good memories.

Netflix instant viewing has the complete first season of All Creatures Great And Small.

I haven't seen that in AGES!!!!!

I loved that show, and have all Mr Herriott's books :grin:

Reactions: Jay
There are so few people able to do this trade left that i wonder if there's a problem with him beside his age if he can't find a job - like the "too full of himself" meaning "he's an absolute douche know-it-all"...

Yes, that is exactly what it means.

:happy:

My parents and I used to watch the show on Thursday nights. Good memories.

Ahh, that brings back memories of Sunday nights on Wisconsin Public Television, when All Creatures aired at 6PM before Nature. My dad had some of Herriott's books, and I still think there's about fifteen tapes of old episodes in the family video cabinet. My Grandma O. was also a fan.

One of the best theme tunes ever:

Trying to make my statistics project interesting, namely by proposing that our advertising study be about sporting teams/racing series (i.e. MotoGP/WSBK!!!) However, I'm working with 3 other females, so i don't think it will go down well. Slipped in a cosmetics idea too so I wouldn't appear totally weird :lol:.

At least my other group project is pre-defined about sci-fi and such- Doctor Who stuff in it!!! Unfortunately I just have to re-arrange the data and shit in Excel/Access, so it's still boring :(

Stupid uni, trying to ruin all my fun and making me go in of a Thursday night!!!! (Also stupid babysitting for making me miss my 1st group meeting for the first project so i won't get a chance to argue my sporting/car ideas!!!!)

Ha. I did a google image search of "Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy." and it picked up all the random pictures I have posted. I can see some poor Lotus fan becoming very confused.

Have you ever just wanted to get in the car and drive until you can't drive anymore?