The general Massachusetts meetup thread

So after starting my new midnight-8am shift at a 24-hour convenience store with my friend (Clerks style), I've decided not to go and look at a bunch of faggy Miatas. ;) My NB-driving friend decided to bail on me and go autocrossing instead, so it would have felt kind of hollow. I can't feel my extremities and I my vision is interpreted in strobes. I'll def make it down one of these weekends, but this one isn't working for me.

Also, I hate Lev. Goodnight, everyone!

got out of work at 10 last night, then decided to go out; got home around 3; blaro woke me up around 9am. I was dead-set on going but once my body was upright I decided against it. Sigh :( Hope you have fun charles!

<3 blake

Whew, glad I'm not late...I just woke up. No worries, I'm not facing a horde of Miata owners on my own, so unless Victor gets in touch with me, I'm bailing too.

So I went to Five Guys last night and it was awesome!

Whew, glad I'm not late...I just woke up. No worries, I'm not facing a horde of Miata owners on my own, so unless Victor gets in touch with me, I'm bailing too.

At least not without a case of Arbor Mist and some Jodie Picoult books. :p

Eh, I bailed too...sudden housewarming party last night with single-malt scotch left me in no condition to get up early and wash my car. TBH I'm losing interest in car shows in general... there's only so many times I can go "oh look shiny" before getting bored.

is anyone planning any fun for halloween? :|
The last time I really got to enjoy it I was still trick-or-treating :(

TBH I'm losing interest in car shows in general... there's only so many times I can go "oh look shiny" before getting bored.
The more I go the more I realize that there isn't much out there that I haven't seen yet. There are almost no cars out there that I haven't seen yet, excluding anything so rare that I probably never will see it anyways (E39 M5 wagon?). Also, car shows are kinda boring - what's the point of looking at cool cars? I'd rather be driving them. I used to go to shows all the time but not anymore.

The more I go the more I realize that there isn't much out there that I haven't seen yet. There are almost no cars out there that I haven't seen yet, excluding anything so rare that I probably never will see it anyways (E39 M5 wagon?). Also, car shows are kinda boring - what's the point of looking at cool cars? I'd rather be driving them. I used to go to shows all the time but not anymore.

This is part of why I enjoy the lawn events at Larz Anderson so much, because of the themes and scale of the event, both times I've gone I saw many types of car for the first time (Merc 300 SL, BMW M1) that I would likely never see again outside of a show. That's also why I only go to a few per year, even though it would be very easy to get to Hebert's every Thursday

is anyone planning any fun for halloween? :|
The last time I really got to enjoy it I was still trick-or-treating :(

We usually host have a low-key party among family friends, involves lots of little children and isn't very exciting :dunno:

We also used to get 600+ trick-or-treaters per year because of elaborate lawn decoration, but my dad doesn't feel up to it anymore :lol:

Last edited:
There might be a Japanese motorcycle show sometime in September out in Sturbridge or something; my motorcycle looks on track to being completed "soon" :p so I'll see if I can register for that. Hopefully it won't be as bad as last year's fiasco.

well, what a way to fuck up. i drove over today. the show is sunday, and i'll be on an airplane by then. there was a plate auction going on. "E47? Wow, what a great plate...."