The "Things that annoy me" thread

You know, there is a nasty rumor here, that salesmen and saleswomen in electronics stores are not picked by their competence but by their lack of it. Because competent salespersons are longer engaged in talks with customers and slow down the whole "go in, choose, buy, now get the hell out of here" process.

By the way: Warranty is mandatory here. It's not an option. But you're right, I only once had to make use of warranty with one of my electronics over the years. It was a Yamaha AV receiver. And TV's a re pretty much undestructable these days. If they break at all, they break very soon after the purchase, because they have been put together faulty. My last one with a tube worked 10 years for me and still works for 5 years now for a colleague who bought it.

However, I repeatedly had to make use of the warranty for my desk chair, which cost a lot and is supposed to be very solid. It isn't. It broke (and I mean that literally) the third time now in 4 years. Warranty is 5 years. I'm about to write them a harsh letter.

I'm really angry. For the price of that one chair, which didn't last much more than a year between repairs so far, I could have bought almost 20 chairs at Aldi, which also won't last more than a year but would provide me with desk chairs for 20 years.

I don't know if it's mandatory, but almost any major electronics will have about 1 year manufacturer's warranty over here. The warranty the salespeople want you to buy is the retailer's "extended warranty" service.

My sister wanted to buy a new TV, and she asked me to go with her... she also bought a blu-ray player and a wall mount.
I looked on Comet's site and picked the best one for her, and we went to Comet to look at others. We were in Comet and I picked her TV and Blu-Ray player and wallmount...
this was 6 hours ago, I'm still pissed and I need to punch her in the face.

Honestly if that had been me I would have said, well if they explode and break so often I don't really want one! And go somewhere else.

As for things that are annoying me, downloading something and having it unnecessarily broken up into 947568 folders
Screenshot2010-08-15at44118AM.png

There are FIFTY SIX FOLDERS of those zip files I have to unzip them folder by folder than remove the files from each of the 10 resulting folders to put in the new one. :|

Last edited:
Thats not gone well.

Luckily the little thing called "bundle files" in the corner lets me take the files the 10 folders inside there and drop them into one called "bundled_files_01" but that still leaves the stray empty folders and I cannot rename the one they go in lshgjsfgk

it has been raining here nonstop for atleast 48 hrs
and it's not going to stop until thursday...

Funny you should say that...

When we had that heatwave earlier in Summer and had about 40? in our office building, everyone was glad for some rain to cool it down.

After it had started raining, I went through the offices and exclaimed in a loud voice: "Damn, I cannot stand this rain anymore!!!"

If looks could kill...

Having a thought slip from your mind. Damn short term memory.

I'm going to get my soup from the cafe. I don't want to provide desktop support on the way there or the way back. Particularly when desktop support isn't my job.

Bugger off!

Windows 7 64 bit compatibility issues. Grumble, grumble, so much hassle. <_<

I can't imagine girl shaving is anything like face shaving. Your face is a very sensitive area and way more prone to cuts.

:blink:

Viper - do not read
Look down. If you get to your knees, you've gone too far. :razz:

I intended that to be included in my term "girl shaving" :p

That's never been any worse for me than legs, although I only do bikini line. I'd really rather not have the equivalent of a hedgehog between my legs....

sleeplessness. I have the pleasure of working both my day job and my evening job later today (1 AM here)

My body isn't going to be happy, that's for sure.

I can't imagine girl shaving is anything like face shaving. Your face is a very sensitive area and way more prone to cuts.

Well I use an electric razer so I don't have problems with cutting myself, but you also don't get a close shave. For you girls though, you pretty much have to shave your legs since it isn't really socially acceptable to walk outside looking Greek, where as I can go a month without shaving and no one will really care. Also the facial region is much smaller than the combined area of two legs, so I bet it takes forever as well :p.