StarCraft II....hell, it's about time

Since we all wanted a proper Starcraft with 3 campaigns one for each race, this already is sort of a demo :(

Since we all wanted a proper Starcraft with 3 campaigns one for each race, this already is sort of a demo :(

i just don't understand this. there's still the same amount of missions in StarCraft 2 as there was in the original except they're all on the viewpoint of the Terrans. its already known that there will be another 2 expansion packs that will focus on the Zerg and the Protoss. if anything all it means is that people will just have to wait a bit. its not like Activision / Blizzard have done a lucasarts and pushed the game out before it was ready (a la SW:KotOR 2: The Sith Lords).

Aaaand the over-abundant beta-keys was kinda sorta like a demo... well except for the single player game.

i just don't understand this. there's still the same amount of missions in StarCraft 2 as there was in the original except they're all on the viewpoint of the Terrans. its already known that there will be another 2 expansion packs that will focus on the Zerg and the Protoss. if anything all it means is that people will just have to wait a bit. its not like Activision / Blizzard have done a lucasarts and pushed the game out before it was ready (a la SW:KotOR 2: The Sith Lords).

Because they had like 12 years to do it :D
But we know Blizzard got distracted in the meantime leeching everyone's souls through WoW

Speaking of which, I've been considering going back to WoW. Must thwart.

EDIT: Fucking motherfucker shitcunt. Followed the install instructions for Reloaded perfecly and it won't launch.

Last edited:
Just buy the stupid game. Playing online is half the fun.

Did you go offline through the whole process of installing+activating? Stay offline for your first launch of the game to be sure.
Does it not launch? Does it ask activation?

Just buy the stupid game. Playing online is half the fun.

Bring lube for your first 100 games though... it'll be sore.

Bring lube for your first 100 games though... it'll be sore.

This is why I like playing 3v3 Co-Op games. :)

(3 humans vs 3 bots)

I'm still rocking around a 60% win rate in Gold Division.

I still need to get better with Terran, though.

I still need to get better with Terran, though.

get the pitchforks and torches!
:p

i'm still annoyed by how lame most of this game is.
it's just so annoying when you try to play a nice game, make it as fun as possible and the enemy ruins everything by running you over with stupid mass-t1.
why would i WANT to play this then, it's just not fun that way :mad: playing like that is just work then, doing the same thing over and over again because "yay i win".
don't people play to have fun? ... not i guess they don't - something's gone terribly wrong somewhere...

This is why I like playing 3v3 Co-Op games. :) (3 humans vs 3 bots)

i've found the co-op mode of the game to be a great way to learn tactics and more importantly learning how to work as a team.

i'm still annoyed by how lame most of this game is.
it's just so annoying when you try to play a nice game, make it as fun as possible and the enemy ruins everything by running you over with stupid mass-t1.
why would i WANT to play this then, it's just not fun that way :mad: playing like that is just work then, doing the same thing over and over again because "yay i win".
don't people play to have fun? ... not i guess they don't - something's gone terribly wrong somewhere...

unfortunately most who play this game online don't care about having fun, they just want to win. if by doing that they piss off those who actually want to play the game and have fun doing so, then thats just collateral damage. personally i still think those who use rushes are bastards and ruining the game. thankfully me and a mate have been using the custom game method and going down the path of saying "you've got 30 minutes, after that i'm coming after you." lots more fun.

I started playing online yesterday. Won both of my 1v1 placement matches, I was paired up against noobs basically, but one tried to annihilate me with a massive void ray assault. Lucky for me I destroyed all his buildings before he got mine. I'm interested to see what play is like once I get placed into a division though.

mwah watched the SC2 tournament that's taking place at gamescom today.
live cast by day[9] and dApollo (that right? i dont know him), awesome games, huge fanbase... epic!
i know this is kind of nerdy and all that, but watching a game live on stage is really really great. i'll be back for semifinals on saturday, definitely... all the more interesting to have such great commentary by day[9], anyone who's not come across him yet better go check out some of his videos. also: look how many people crammed themselves into the chairs and onto the floor and all over the place!
P1000576s.jpg

Yeah! I love how SC2 is like the nerd sport with professional commentators...

definitely! it's strange to see how the commentators are more famous than the actual players (you could definitely tell because of the cheering...)

So, I got a friend pass key. I put it in on battle.net, and my account now shows Starcraft 2 as an active game with a 7 hour trial. When I log into my account in the game itself, I get an error message telling me that I do not have the game tied to my account. I have heartburn.

EDIT: Well hey. Support emailed me back and suggested I make sure my install is of the correct region. It's not. Downloading game from Blizzard now, should be able to play tomorrow.

Still have heartburn.

Last edited:
I would just like to share with everyone that I actually WON an online game! I know that's no big deal for the rest of y'all, but I haven't won a single game since day 2 of owning it. I should play as the Protoss more often...I'm really starting to wuv them.

mwah watched the SC2 tournament that's taking place at gamescom today.
live cast by day[9] and dApollo (that right? i dont know him), awesome games, huge fanbase... epic!
i know this is kind of nerdy and all that, but watching a game live on stage is really really great. i'll be back for semifinals on saturday, definitely... all the more interesting to have such great commentary by day[9], anyone who's not come across him yet better go check out some of his videos. also: look how many people crammed themselves into the chairs and onto the floor and all over the place!

I've been trying to watch as many of the games on the live streams but I've busy so some of them I've only been able to see the VODs of ... but the morrow vs TLO games were epic, that was truly not a normal TvT.