Nordschleife Ringmeet Thread

Is the ring still open by mid-October? :-D

Because I think I'll have to come back to France for at least a few weeks and would like to lap the Fiesta at least one time ^^

So, Ringmeet 2010.

Is it still going to be at the end of August? I'll be stopping in Germany for about ten days before flying to the US around then, and it'd be awesome if I could attend a meet while I'm there! :D

If someone is willing to pay me a plane ticket from Canada to France, my car is still parked where I left it before leaving and it would be a joy to join you on the Ring :-D

Semi-off topic: How hard/expensive is it to just ship a car from the States to, say, Germany?

^ Probably more than shipping a motorcycle. :think:

One of my student in San Francisco bought himself an old Mustang and was going to ship it to France, I don't have the price of the transporter in my head but as I recall, it wasn't that expensive.

Got exact schedule? We can try to organize it around the date.

Nothing fixed yet, but I could arrive in Germany on the 25th of August at the earliest. :)

Semi-off topic: How hard/expensive is it to just ship a car from the States to, say, Germany?

Shipping our minivan from California to Saudi Arabia in 2004 cost a hair over $1k. Shipping a car from the east coast to France or Germany would probably be a lot less (although you'd have to pay for return shipping, too).

Most of the snow is already gone ...

I guess I'll be driving to the N'ring this weekend to begin this years season "VLN Probe- und Einstellfahrten" ... it's no race just a test-drive of the VLN teams but I wasn't at the N'ring since october ...

Anyone else coming?

Greetings
Michael

I?m starting the season the week after...:mrgreen:

Gonna be there for the first VLN race, then tourist sessions on sunday, and Spa on monday. It?s gonna be awesome :mrgreen:

Heey, Homer, come find me around live-strip.com racing team, I will be there today till Saturday. I owe you a car photoshoot from the first meet ;)

Heey, Homer, come find me around live-strip.com racing team, I will be there today till Saturday. I owe you a car photoshoot from the first meet ;)

I will look for you ... but my car is all dirty and I'm not going to clean it in this rain ;)

Cya
Michael

Alright, now that the main meet is over, who's up for a minimeet this 11th-12th September? I'll be there in my rented diesel Sixtwagen, as will Adu and D-fence, most likely (with a chance of Derek, if cheesecake is available).

It's gonna be toight scheduling, but I should be able to make it. Where will you be staying, close to the ring?

i hope i can make it too and point and laugh at your Dacia Logan MPC

I am currently trying to be on another continent on that date. But if my vacation plans fail (and the current state of matters suggests this will be the case) I will be there...