MMA anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
God almighty, I hope Edgar beats him again, just so Penn can stop stop his whining.

Well I wouldn't say that, Tim Sylvia was caught while he was the champ and came back to win the title again later, Sean Sherk also pissed hot and he's still with the company. If Shane used steroids before he got to the UFC, then yes there will be backlash but his career is not over, if he got caught currently using them while with the company then he's in much more trouble but he's still not done for. To date he's passed every drug test he's taken and these drugs were ordered long before he signed with the UFC.

Also, Big Nog has pulled out of his rematch with Mir so Cro Cop is stepping in. I see Mir winning that match by anyway he wants.

Last edited:
I'm praying for Cro Cop to pull out one last almighty head kick out of the bag and put an end to Mir's being in the top 10. If it stays standing Cro Cop by murder, Mir has a tendency to go into turtle mode when hit and that usually ends badly for him, Cro Cop has a good chin. But if Mir gets Cro Cop down, he'll probably submit him.

Last edited:
Given that recently Mirko has only been able to beat a hand picked opponent on short notice (Al Turk), another opponent on 2 days notice (whoever that aussie guy was), and Barry after he broke his foot and hand, I wouldn't hold my breath for him to pull out a victory. Cro Cop circa 2005 would have to get damn lucky to beat the Mir of today, the 2010 version is going to get slaughtered. He's too old, too slow, and way too one dimensional to beat Mir.

Forest Griffin on getting his ass kicked by Silva last year, one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

Rare to see a fighter talk about himself so honestly.

Strikeforce Houston prelims start soon, be interested to see what craziness happens this time. Will King Mo go berserk if he loses?

It wouldn't surprise me given what has happened at Strikeforce events in the past,

And the minute Lashley gets cut, he doesn't want to be in there anymore, and then he gasses out like the blown up middleweight he really is.

And with all that, Coker's dreams of a Batista/Lashley ppv match go up in smoke. This man does not know how to run a company.

I'm not really big into MMA, but I do follow former Oklahoma State University wrestlers like Randy Couture, Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal, Daniel Cormier, Johny Hendricks, Shane Roller, and Jake Roshalt.

First Henderson and Fedor, now Lashley and King Mo, I bet Coker is throwing a fit since people keep breaking his new toys.

King Mo got KTFO, I guess it was the bad juju from wearing the Iowa State (one of out biggest wrestling rivals) shirt during the pre-fight interview.

I think it was stupid for him to think he was going to outstrike him instead of just doing what he does best, wrestle.

Ok, my predictions for UFC 118.

Frankie Edgar
Randy Couture
Demian Maia
Kenny Florian
Marcus Davis, I just fucking HATE the Diaz brothers that much.

Mr predictions for UFC 118.

BJ Penn.
Randy Couture.
Demian Maia.
Maynard. (Florian has struggled against dominant wrestlers in the past. Also if Penn win the belt back, then Kenny will fail in his third attempt at the gold, becuase Penn is better than him all areas of the game.)
Nate Diaz. Marcus Davis has a habit of talking a lot of trash and taking losses personally and that never gets old, Diaz is a shit talker Davis would hate to lose to him.

Last edited:
How about a quick bet? How much does James Tony weigh in at? My guess is 230lbs. Whoever gets the closest wins.

Sure why not, weighs in start in about three 3 hours.

I worry about Toney's conditioning he didn't look to be in the greatest shape on the countdown show and Couture is Mr. Cardio and Toney won't have much grappling stamina.

I'm gonna hazard a guess at around 235lbs.... The fact that he is quite short for a heavyweight makes it kinda hard to estimate. Still I remmeber the days when he was around 170lbs and ripped as hell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.