Any "ricers" here?

"So.. Is the Ka hellaflush?" "Nah, it clogged the toilet and it's sorta stuck there." "So it's sortaflush." "Yeah."

You do realize "ricer" is a pejorative term, right?

This...

Why not spend the money on something else more worthwhile?

...and this.

There's no need to rip the poor guy to shreds. If anything we should be rehabilitating "ricers" into become proper car enthusiasts.

Actually mugs are people who spend ?1000's polishing a turd like a Ford Ka because they want to impress chavvy sluts, rather than save their money and buy a decent car.

And if you're going to start insulting people then you can find somewhere else to ask for advice because you won't last long here with an attitude like that.

Was that necessary? You insult him and call his car a 'turd' because Dezent turned out to be an actual company and he called Matt200 a 'mug' - I would've expected better of you mate...

Last edited:
I'm a paella man myself, plain rice doesn't do it anymore

Was that necessary? You insult him and call his car a 'turd' because Dezent turned out to be an actual company and he called Matt200 a 'mug', I would've expected better of you mate...

There were more polite ways to put his point across to Matt2000 than being outright rude.

And somehow "I say, dear chap, would it not be wiser to invest in an alternative choice of motor car that would have all the cache while still retaining a good residual value as opposed to using aftermarket parts to upgrade a small city car with no hope of a return at resale!" didn't seem to cut the mustard at that point.

And mushroom pilau rice for me with a king prawn bhuna!

And the Ford Ka is a turd! :p

Last edited:
And somehow "I say, dear chap, would it not be wiser to invest in an alternative choice of motor car that would have all the cache while still retaining a good residual value as opposed to using aftermarket parts to upgrade a small city car with no hope of a return at resale!" didn't seem to cut the mustard at that point.

And mushroom pilau rice for me with a king prawn bhuna!

:lol:

My Mazda has a chrome fuel filler door and a bodykit (mazdas "appearance package 1"). Suck it yank tanks! Im riding JDM TYTTTE!

IMG_0623-1.jpg

Disclaimer: USDM pictured, actual amount of JDM may vary, all claims are inaccurate, if swelling persists, contact your physician. All rights reserved

Disclaimer Disclaimer: JDM Orange rusty jack, yo.

Last edited:
*shrugs*

Spend the money on bits that'd actually make it faster, then embarrass less "girly" cars with it = win.

Or...stash the extra cash away to buy a replacement you actually like.

I'm a big fan of driving what makes you happy, but just realize that the Ka you think is lame to begin with will still be a Ka with silly bits on it if you rice it out. If that pleases/amuses you, go for it, but I wouldn't do it. I don't like my car at the moment, so I have a hard time justifying spending money on it aside from the standard maintenance and upkeep-type stuff.

It's FWD, right? So, the wing on the back is pointless. Bras are terrible because they tend to damage the paint on your car while trying to protect it from bugs. The alloys and even the lowering don't sound too bad as long as you have a purpose for doing so--just don't be that guy who regularly beaches it on speedbumps. Nobody likes that guy, especially if they're in the cars stuck in traffic behind him. All in all, though, the ideas you've got don't sound very well thought out.

If you do decide to spend a whole lot of cash on your car, have a bit of a plan for it aside from bolting on as many fast-looking bits as possible. (The whole "I'm going to make my car look fast without actually making it faster" thing has never really impressed me, TBH.) Maybe even look at some of the other cars on here that have been tastefully modified for ideas? I like what deltableh's done with his, and at the opposite end of things, WirelessMonkey's car is pretty cool.

Last edited:
I don't understand why anyone would have a bonnet bra? I don't see the purpose?

I don't understand why anyone would have a bonnet bra? I don't see the purpose?
My mom has a clear one (you cant tell its there) to protect the paint. Her old car got lots of chips on the front (mostly front of the hood) that developed into rust spots.

My mom has a clear one (you cant tell its there) to protect the paint. Her old car got lots of chips on the front (mostly front of the hood) that developed into rust spots.

That I can understand. But the black ones?
Yes et protects the paint but you can't see the paint!? Yes the resell price may be higher but it still really ruins the whole thing...

And why would he put it on as some sort of ricing? :blink:

It's FWD, right? So, the wing on the back is pointless.
This is not necessarily the case. FWD, RWD, AWD, aero can help with handling issues. A rear wing that provides downforce can help correct high speed oversteer (as can a rear diffuser), while a front wing (air dam, splitter, whatever) can help with high speed understeer. Proper under chassis aero and side skirts can help with general high speed stability and grip (and even potentially top speed, by reducing drag).

That said, it's pretty clear this car isn't being tracked. Also, adding a rear wing without adding front downforce, as well, will just make the car understeer at high speed. So... yeah, not exactly well thought out.

Er, equi, we're talking about one of these.....

ford-ka-1996.jpg

Akin to pimping a Geo Metro or something!

You have taken something great and made it even more awesome. The OP is talking about taking something crap and making it really crap!

Last edited:
Yeah, and I've seen a Smart car running on track! No NYAH! :p

I did say that it was pretty clear this car wasn't being tracked, making high speed downforce pretty much pointless...

I dunno. I'd like to see the Ford Ka with loads of downforce.

Like 780lb per square inch, in a crusher!