Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

I posted this in the Funny Pictures thread but I don't think anyone got it.

orly.jpg

"Dr.Laura=even more powerful & effective w/out the shackles, so watch out Constitutional obstructionists. And b thankful 4 her voice,America!"

"Dr.Laura:don't retreat...reload! (Steps aside bc her 1st Amend.rights ceased 2exist thx 2activists trying 2silence"isn't American,not fair")"

- Sarah Palin, on Dr. Laura leaving her radio show after she used the word "nigger" twelve times on-air.

When Kanye West has more literate tweets than you do, you should take that as a sign.

Last edited:
Not sure how I feel about that. I can understand wanting some kind of memorial where a trooper was killed, but I also agree with the court's decision. Putting a state flag on a cross is a pretty easily construed as an endorsement of a religion.

YEA-RLY.jpg

I think it's actually a good sign that people don't know who she is. Gives me a tiny bit of hope.

Hmhh

How cynical are you?

Legitimate charges or some nefarious conspiracy by the pentagon in collusion with Sweden... :lol:

Ok I am just not paranoid to think we could do something like that with Sweden. Some other country maybe not them.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38796121/ns/world_news-europe

STOCKHOLM ? A Swedish tabloid reported Saturday that an arrest warrant has been issued for WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange on suspicion of rape, and officials said they could confirm "media reports."

Last edited:
Jullian Assange is no longer suspected of rape.

http://www.thelocal.se/28504/20100821/
Well someone committed an offence - if it was a false allegation then the woman should be prosecuted, if it were not the he should - there is no half way - unless the police and incapable of resolving the issue then how can they say what happened? This is a binary switch crime, someone is guilty of something.

/EDIT Ah I see. ? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11049316 My mistake.

Last edited:
German Goverment is about to start a little project to see if stripping Job applications of gender, age and name will reduce discrimination of women, old people and people with a family background in a foreign country (i?ll just call it "origin" from now on to simplify it) when they try to get a job here. 5 Companies have signed on for this project voluntarily. There are no plans to make this into law or something. This is just an expermient to see how this goes and to see if there is a significant amout of said discrimination going on.
Now the german lobbyist "employer organisation" (arbeitgeberverband) head-person has now given an interview in wich he states that "of course" discrimination of such sorts would be bad and that the members of his organisiation are keen on fighting such discrimination ... but, the project the goverment is doing is bad, because (if this would perhaps become law) this would mean that there would be much more efford involved in filtering the the aplicants without name, gender or origin.
What he basically said there, is that the members of his organisation want to filter out people because of gender, age and origin ... and that if this became law, it would be much harder to do so ... wich leads to the conclusion that not only are they discriminating bastards ... but such a law would actually work and make discrimination of job-aplicants harder.

Lobbying-fail.

(for people who speak german)
http://www.abendblatt.de/politik/de...ent-Hundt-lehnt-die-anonyme-Bewerbung-ab.html

Most of those things can be deduced from peoples response to a job advertisement anyway

Dear American Atheists (the group, as opposed to all Americans who are atheists) :

Invasive, preachy and unrelenting atheists are just as annoying as invasive, preachy and unrelenting religious people. Stop tarring yourself with your own brush.
I concur.

Sincerely,
An American Atheist

I'm torn on this one. One of those subjects where I've pretty well straddled the fence. But it does bring up a point that dovetails into the next bit - the difference between gov't speech and citizenry speech.

"Dr.Laura=even more powerful & effective w/out the shackles, so watch out Constitutional obstructionists. And b thankful 4 her voice,America!"

"Dr.Laura:don't retreat...reload! (Steps aside bc her 1st Amend.rights ceased 2exist thx 2activists trying 2silence"isn't American,not fair")"

- Sarah Palin, on Dr. Laura leaving her radio show after she used the word "nigger" twelve times on-air.

When Kanye West has more literate tweets than you do, you should take that as a sign.

Dear Mrs. Palin,
The gov't didn't curtail her speech. She exercised her free speech and other citizens replied with their equally free speech. Learn the difference. And speaking of citizen activists using their protected free speech to shut down freedoms of others, how's that mosque thing going?

Can some nice american person please lend a gun so I can shoot our prime minister?

Don't see any reason for it. Perhaps on the border to Russia. Russia has (slightly) cheaper booz, lots of drugs, lots of guns and shit. However, smuggling something into Finland from ie. Sweden (or Norway) seems silly. At least booz or guns. Perhaps drugs, the Norwegian coast is well known for drugs smuggling. But it seems overly complicated, keeping in mind that the Baltic countries are so close. But if you want a gun, I'm sure that can be arranged without any smugling. There's always a black market. Start off in certain environments, you should have a firearm within an hour.

Well.. if we were to run guns, wouldn't it be more natural to just drive them over the border from Russia to Norway/Sweden/Finland hidden in a fucking load of berries?

Don't know if anyone here is aware of the Manila shootings, but it seems that on some mainland china forums there are dickwanks saying that its the fault of the Hong Kong tourists for going to Manila, that they were probably going there to get a second wife and moaning about why they didn't travel to mainland China (and hence economically benefit their own country) instead.....

To say there's a backlash on facebook atm is an understatement. There's been a deep discontent that the Hong Kong people have had with mainlanders, and shit like this is only going to make it worse.

Yeah, saw that on the news the other night. Crazy ex-police officer wants his job back - so takes and bunch of innocent tourists hostage. Way to get your job back you psychopathic bastard. :rolleyes:

So, internet 'tards should have a say in where / what / why people from their own country go, okaaaaay. Jezz, I hate people. :?

For anyone that can read Chinese:

45455_1606845373746_1314537362_31616713_1337464_n.jpg

Maybe its just a few idiots trolling, but shit like this is why the Hong Kong population identify themselves as "Hong-kongnese" rather than "Chinese". People are already disgruntled with the mainland government, and this is just putting more fuel into the flame. The number of protests and demonstrations are already increasing, and they're only getting more and more violent each time round.

The police in this case dealt with the situation like a group of retards, especially the "Lets shoot randomly into the bus" decision. Considering how much money the average Hong-Kong tourist usually spends when overseas ("Honkies" love traveling) I'd say economically this whole incident isn't going to go down well.

Check this out:

40626_421308428281_691863281_4902296_7937195_n.jpg

65afbd8248e92bc2558b7%20690

Its a crime scene, not a fucken tourist attraction.

My thoughts are with the victims of this incident.

Last edited:
I blame the philippine police for making a total mess of it. Showing it live on TV for the people in the bus wasnt clever either, but that SWAT "assault" was pitful.

AFP said:
Bus blunders latest black mark on Philippine police

By Mynardo Macaraig (AFP) ? 5 hours ago

MANILA ? Blunders in the deadly end of the Philippine's hostage crisis are just the latest black mark for its police force, which has long been hounded by accusations of torture, murder, corruption and ineptitude.

The bloody conclusion to Monday's hijacking highlighted a myriad of problems within the much-maligned force of 135,000, according to human rights advocates, the Philippine media and security experts.

"There is something wrong with the national police. It is viewed more as a source of livelihood for the policemen rather than an institution to protect law and order," human rights lawyer Harry Roque told AFP.

The latest tragedy began when an ex-policeman hijacked a busload of Hong Kong tourists, demanding to be reinstated after he was sacked for extortion.

After muddled attempts to negotiate his surrender, the rogue policeman began shooting, prompting the police to storm the bus. But it still took more than an hour before they penetrated the vehicle and killed the hostage-taker.

The poor response left eight Hong Kong tourists dead, the police force admitting to making mistakes and a public aghast at how poorly the security personnel performed.

At 2:00 they throw a glowstick through the window. They couldnt afford flashbangs, and bought glowsticks instead?

Last edited: