Comics

Post all the Cyanide and Happiness you wan't.

I don't go to their website, so FinalGear is the only place I see it.

But wha't if I don't wan't to.

But wha't if I don't wan't to.

Then don't. Nobody has a gun to your head. :rolleyes:

Presumably. If somebody actually does have a gun to your head right now then my comment was way out of line and I apologise.

Oh..... and I'd recommend that you do whatever they tell you to.

No gun's, luckily.

You give it too much credit. It's less "upset" and more "bewildered as to why it's supposed to be funny".

It is showing jeremy clarkson as some sort of maniac, ordering the kidnap of a random creature from another planet, just so he can watch them fail miserably at driving and laugh at them.

Say if something like that could really happen. Wouldn't it be funny seeing random alien creatures snatched out of time and space and forced to drive a car. Seeing the look on their faces would be priceless and would make great T.V.

It is showing jeremy clarkson as some sort of maniac, ordering the kidnap of a random creature from another planet, just so he can watch them fail miserably at driving and laugh at them.

Say if something like that could really happen. Wouldn't it be funny seeing random alien creatures snatched out of time and space and forced to drive a car. Seeing the look on their faces would be priceless and would make great T.V.

Funnily enough, that's already been done in an early episode of Top Gear. Thing is, at least some of the aliens featured (Klingon, Cyberman, Ming the Merciless, The Doctor, a Dalek) were well-known to the viewing audience. Random aliens, no, especially in some weird abduction context. The problem with crossovers is that in order for it to be good a) it has to appeal to both sets of fans, including being somewhat faithful to the source material, which this comic has not done so in its portrayal of Jeremy Clarkson and b) the interaction has to make sense. Watch some more Star in a Reasonably Priced Car segments, get an idea of what makes these interviews interesting (going over a guest's car history, commenting on their lap, and above all being funny and interesting), and try again. Clarkson isn't a sadist. That's a good start.

Funnily enough, that's already been done in an early episode of Top Gear. Thing is, at least some of the aliens featured (Klingon, Cyberman, Ming the Merciless, The Doctor, a Dalek) were well-known to the viewing audience. Random aliens, no, especially in some weird abduction context. The problem with crossovers is that in order for it to be good a) it has to appeal to both sets of fans, including being somewhat faithful to the source material, which this comic has not done so in its portrayal of Jeremy Clarkson and b) the interaction has to make sense. Watch some more Star in a Reasonably Priced Car segments, get an idea of what makes these interviews interesting (going over a guest's car history, commenting on their lap, and above all being funny and interesting), and try again. Clarkson isn't a sadist. That's a good start.

Thank you for a proper answer. Up till now all I was getting was insults and was confused. So basically Twokinds and Top Gear don't mix, and what Jeremy said doesn't fit his character.

Thank you for a proper answer. Up till now all I was getting was insults and was confused. So basically Twokinds and Top Gear don't mix, and what Jeremy said doesn't fit his character.

No, and yes. Twokinds has potential to mix with Top Gear if done properly. I don't know anything about it, but if there's substance to the character, it can be finagled into the SIARPC context. If not, well, there's a whole big internet out there to get lost in.

No, and yes. Twokinds has potential to mix with Top Gear if done properly. I don't know anything about it, but if there's substance to the character, it can be finagled into the SIARPC context. If not, well, there's a whole big internet out there to get lost in.

That's the other problem. TwoKinds, whatever that is, is way more niche than Top Gear... you can't expect random fans to know about it or understand anything about the character. I certainly don't.

That's the other problem. TwoKinds, whatever that is, is way more niche than Top Gear... you can't expect random fans to know about it or understand anything about the character. I certainly don't.

I dunno, cars (or at least petrolhead-ism) are way more niche than most pop culture, and yet Top Gear succeeds...but then again the kind of effort needed to get Top Gear popular speaks volumes about just how hard it is to turn niche into popular.

I dunno, cars (or at least petrolhead-ism) are way more niche than most pop culture, and yet Top Gear succeeds...but then again the kind of effort needed to get Top Gear popular speaks volumes about just how hard it is to turn niche into popular.

That's why I said Top Gear specifically, and not automotive enthusiasm in general :dunno:

I still know alot more petrolheads then I do furrfags........niche? sure , but not THAT niche.

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2010/08/26/theWAREHOUSE_comic_224.jpg

this makes me lol hard everytime i see it