Random Thoughts....

:lol:

We?ve had 130 l/m? rain last night ... in some parts of this area it reached 200 l/m? in just one night ...

But don?t worry, I?m all dry ...

Could you translate that to an English measurement that I can uderstand?

I'm going to put my money on him being a Quebecois and coming down thinking Paris, Texas is in the French speaking part of the US.

Yall think thats funneh? /texican

:p

I'm going to put my money on him being a Quebecois and coming down thinking Paris, Texas is in the French speaking part of the US.

More like London, Ontario.

London, Ontario is on the river Thames and it was hoped that it would be the capital of Upper Canada. lol, colonists.

More like London, Ontario.

Ha, what are the chances of someone from London, Ontario moving to Paris, Texas? :lol:

There's plenty of places like that in Canada... there's a city here called Surrey and it has a mall called Guildford, just like Top Gear's home base. I think there's even a Paris in Ontario.

Could some teach me how to read notes like this?

http://img375.imageshack.**/img375/6196/captureqv.jpg

I know if you have one note above it on the scale and another one below the scale with the line on top of it it means octaves, but I'm not so sure about these types.

Ha, what are the chances of someone from London, Ontario moving to Paris, Texas? :lol:

There's plenty of places like that in Canada... there's a city here called Surrey and it has a mall called Guildford, just like Top Gear's home base. I think there's even a Paris in Ontario.

There's also Roma here in Australia.

Last edited:
Appears to be treble and bass staffs together, if that's what you're asking about? If that's not what your looking for then probably: when a note is too high or too low to be placed directly on the staff the extra lines are drawn in so that the staff doesn't need to be huge.

We have a London too - how odd!

It's not that odd that you guys would want to name a city after London in Ontario... it's the preeminent destination in all of southwestern Ontario! :mrgreen:

Seriously though, the thing with London, Ontario is that it's a pretty big city. Sure there's a Bethlehem in PA and a Paris in TX but London is one of the biggest centres in Ontario. I know a bunch of people who went to university there and even after four years it was always referred to as London, Ontario. I'm sure the locals just call it London? Is Mischief007 still here?

My cousin went somewhere like Western London - or something like that, in the late 1960s following his degree in Southampton for his masters. He is from County Down - he came back before finishing to get married to a very very nice lady.

There's also half the cities in MA having the same name as ones in england so when I am talking to people they think I live in england (seriously 4 people this week.)

The suburb I live in is named after all these English areas too, I quite like it :)

In other news, my dad is trying to unclog a heap of drains with some acid and now I'm slowly being suffocated by the fumes seeping out of every freaking drain in the house. Opening my window and closing the door hasn't helped :yucky:

Last edited:
There's a Wyoming, Pennsylvania as well.

Today I destroyed an old closet on my parents bedroom using nothing but 2 hammers simultaneously. For anyone that doesn't destroy their non-functioning furniture I suggest you do it, it's very liberating.

idk, but for some reason most of the people I know from england in a chat I visit are up around now too :blink:
You are all nocturnal I guess.

Not that me being up at midnight is much better....

It's 2pm over here, I'm perfectly normal!!!!!

(except for staying up til midnight last night screaming at my web browser for bringing me sad motorbike news. I really need some more sleep)

Trying to do all my uni work today, but I'm not sure if I will. For starters, the scooter is calling for me :)lol:) and secondly, the rest of my group for the more annoying of the two group projects I have (annoying as in the content of the assignment, not the group itself) is yet to send me their work so I can put it in the report. Yaaaaay....