FinalGear Racing 2010/24 Hours Of LeMons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated the first post again so any newbies don't have to sift through 1,700 posts to get to the good stuff.

If anyone thought I was kidding about CMP having a reputation for eating brakes alive, check this out from team SOB (South Of The Border) when they raced at the track last year. This isn't an exception, it's pretty much the rule when it comes to CMP.

https://pic.armedcats.net/p/pu/punisherbass/2010/08/30/brake_carnage.jpg

We don't expect this to be a problem for us thanks to the upgrades we installed before our last race, and we'll have a full set of spares on hand just in case.

If anyone thought I was kidding about CMP having a reputation for eating brakes alive, check this out from team SOB (South Of The Border) when they raced at the track last year. This isn't an exception, it's pretty much the rule when it comes to CMP.
At least in the configuration run by Lemons it *does* seem like a couple of fast straights connected by slow corners so yeah, I can imagine how brakes may not like that...

What kind of brake pads are you guys using on the GTP again?

Just off the shelf Wagner Severe Duty pads. We ran the same pads in our old Crown Vic at CMP in the past and they performed very well, and that car weighed over 1,000lbs more than the GTP.

I wonder if I can find them for my Jetta. It would be cheaper than shelling out mucho dinero for performance brake pads, no?

You can try, but I wouldn't say get these pads over EBC's or HAWK's or wherever, we just found a combination of parts that works really well for what we're doing and for a good price.

Alrighty.

Race suit: done.
Shoe: done.
Helmet, gloves: ready.
Fireproof underwear: just ordered.
Lodging reservations: done.

I'm buying my ticket in the next few days and then I'll be all set, the cheapest flight arrives past 10 pm on Thursday though :(
Anything I missed?

Last edited:
Oh yeah, already got those. D'oh! I guess I forgot them because I already had them.

Why would you have a crazy thing like sanity in the first place?!

Good luck, guys.

It seems like there's a handful of FG members still planning on going to the Texas race on the weekend of the 11th, so if anyone's down here then, come say hi! I should be somewhere near a pair of Audi 90s for the weekend. (Look for a brunette frizzball hauling around a huge camera.)

I can't wait to see the updates from CMP. Kick some ass!

Last edited:
It seems like there's a handful of FG members still planning on going to the Texas race on the weekend of the 11th, so if anyone's down here then, come say hi!
Hell, I'd be there if it didn't mean driving through the south twice in three weeks

Just got me a kickass deal on some new SFI 3.3A/5 racing boots. Can't beat $40 bucks! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.