The "Things that annoy me" thread

Good, because I was on the verge of flipping the fuck out. Not that it matters, I just stupidly clicked on autosport instead of on xkcd.

Last edited:
Real estate agents........WTF? you tell me you need the paperwork by today, you also tell me that we can discuss the details today..... so I get it ready, and take a half day of work to get it to you, only to find out that your not there?
So I can come back AGAIN to discuss the details that should have been discussed in the beginning in the first place ! you bloody halfwit!

People using company or product names to describe actions, like in "photoshopping". I don't care what software you use, you do image processing. After all, I'm not "focussing" anywhere, I just drive there.

When you're injured, do you use a Band-aid? When you sneeze, do you grab a Kleenex? There are others but I can't think of them right now, some brand names have just evolved to be synonymous with the product.

... and that's only hardening the monopoly. Which is why it annoys me.

Sort of. In the case of Photoshop, yes. But I'm not sure I've ever used a Band-aid despite using it as a generic term for small bandage!

Things can go worse than "photoshopping": The French constantly walk on "macadam" (after the name of the man who invented the earlier compound), and english speaking people still continue to walk on tar-bound macadam, or tar macadam, or simply tarmac.

I usually use a "Bic" eventhough it isn't a 'real' one too

Same goes for "Gillette", it's just a brand name that's a product name now.
Same with "Pampers" btw

Sort of. In the case of Photoshop, yes. But I'm not sure I've ever used a Band-aid despite using it as a generic term for small bandage!

Me either. Maybe it is on sale. I don't use kleenex either and I don't think anyone who uses photoshop paid full price or at all . I think the only thing where I use the brand name of is google, and that is because the other search engines don't seem to work as well.

People using company or product names to describe actions, like in "photoshopping". I don't care what software you use, you do image processing. After all, I'm not "focussing" anywhere, I just drive there.
But I wanna talk like all the cool kidz even if I can?t afford cool n? pricy brand-products :cry:

Poor Interrobangs need love too ... :bunny:

Peeps at traffic lights playing with their phones. Can't you be away from the internets for 5 minutes???????????????

^worse, people who DON'T wait till the light to do that.

People who work-out like crazy to satisfy their own inferiority complexes and accuse anyone who dares to criticize them as being jealous. :p

Youtube for sucking at buffering and my soundcard for devoting it's life to VLC even though it's paused and I don't want crackling sound on youtube videos even though they aren't loading at the moment because Youtube sucks at buffers so I'm watching something in VLC to pass the time because I have nothing better to do in place of watching what I want to watch on Youtube, which isn't loading. Vicious circle.