Idiots + cars = LOL

I worked 6 days a week double-shifting during the summer break to save up enough for my car and was lucky enough to get something decent which I can keep for a long time.

Currently hoping to save up at the end of the year to fix the scratch marks (My car got keyed by dipships - I'd fucken cut their balls off I find out who did it) and make her all pretty again. I honestly don't give a shit that some of my friends drive modified Commodores, integras, Evos and other expensive cars - A first car is a first car, and I don't think I could ever get rid of it purely due to sentimental value. Some of my friends think I'm weird that I'm willing to spend so much money on my car, but hey, I just tell them that I love my car as much as they love theirs. Its not perfect, but it does everything so well and has so much life left in it I'd be sad to see it go.

As for this "buying your kid a nice car" business, I think with the prices of small safe cars coming down so much a nice compromise could be made where, for example, the kid has to stump up at least half the payment, you pay the 2nd half for now and then gradually junior finds a job or something to pay off the rest of the car. When I have a kid read for his first car I'd like to get him into something safe and reasonably frugal so he can afford to run it himself. This last point is important as it teaches the kid how to budget and how to evaluate whether they can afford to buy something or not. I've seen too many people around me completely spoilt by their parents and wouldn't have the first clue where money comes from - When they get handed the family business I can see the companies going bankrupt or them getting kicked out of the boardroom in 2 minutes.

Last edited:
Though.. my best friend is like the kids Blind_Io speaks about, his parents built an apartment in their basement, where he lives, and still get everything he points at, and just knocks on the roof if he wants his mom to come down and take his order for a meal.

u-mad1.jpg

Hey champ, I don't care if you were raised a certain way. Sometimes you get born rich, sometimes you get born poor but thats the luck of the draw. You want more, go get it, but don't begrudge someone for giving their kid nice things. That's some jealous bullshit.

The kids who get cars bought for them are the same ones getting bailed out by mommy and daddy at 30.

I see it in my own family.

I'm the oldest of 4. My parents were middle class. I paid for everything I got, I saved my allowance (pay for doing chores) as a kid for every toy I bought. I got a paper route to start making money at what, 13-14? I bought my own car, paid my way through college, etc.

But my 3 younger siblings all got progressively worse. "Parents are there to be used", one of them actually said. They've all had college paid for them, been bought cars, multiple cars, into adulthood. My mother bought my sister a fricking HOUSE (after she screwed up her own house and lost it) and paid a year of rent for my brother. They're all over 30 and are incapable of functioning as adults, and there are children of their own involved.

That's what entitlement gets you.

Last edited:
Subaru Legacy GT vs commercial dumpster.

I got my car for my 16th birthday, but that was because everyone in my family had one and my grandmother died. :|
I was expecting to spend a year saving up 1000$ for a rusted honda civic. I would never buy my kid a nice car because frankly, they will crash it. I think giving my dad's 99' contour (5 star crash rating and beat to hell, valued at less than 2000$) was a good choice. They could afford to buy him something nice but it's nicer to not have to worry about destroying your shitbox when you are still learning. If you add up all the damage I have done to my bug it's written off by now, thankfully most of it was a not at fault accident. I too, know a spoiled brat who gets free cars from mommy still in his 20 even though she doesn't have money. You know why? because spoiled kids like that grow up nasty. He attacks her so she is scared into buying him shit at this point.

Human stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

The back was already smashed when it came into view. And how do you know it's a woman? Could be someone tripping their balls off.

I still think its not unresonable for parents to help their kids into modern, safer cars like a Honda Jazz.

Its not only them that may drive like assholes - Its everyone else on the roads as well.

The back was already smashed when it came into view. And how do you know it's a woman? Could be someone tripping their balls off.

Yeah, I'd agree with being on the gear.

Not really a car but funny anyway:

[video]http://www.break.com/index/funny-scooter-crash-ends-in-faceplant.html[/video]

Last edited:
It has it's own idiot alarm?

:blink:

:lol:

I wonder how that went down...

"Hey man I just build this sweet kicker ramp"
"Awww, shoot, I forgot my skateboard"
"Damn, what about your X5?"
"That'd be sweet"

I still think its not unresonable for parents to help their kids into modern, safer cars like a Honda Jazz.

Same here. It really depends on the car itself. I would never buy my kid anything flashy or fast. But I would buy them something new(er) and equipped with the latest safety equipment. Statistically, new drivers have an extremely high likelihood of crashing their first vehicle. So buying them a $200 deathtrap is probably not the smartest parental decision you could make... unless you hate the little bastard and want him/her to die. As far as teaching your kid to respect the value of a dollar and not expect everything to be given to them on a silver platter, there are other ways of doing that. The car wouldn't be in their name, so it's not really theirs, and you could force them to pay for their own gas, insurance, etc. If they want a cooler car... they can get a job and buy one with their own money. Until then, they're stuck in the subcompact ecobox.