How many emails in your inbox?

This has to be in the running for the most boring thread award

wrong, that startet back in 2007 when the general interest for car-talk on this forumboard radically dropped.. so eiter beat them or join them.. why do you think I have that OT tag..

709 total on my 3 inboxes.
2 of those have storage limits, so I purge them once in a while.

Gmail Priority Inbox: 5 important, 1 starred, 6 other conversations.
All mail: 4114 conversations, no idea how many single emails.

All read, except the few hundred in the Spam folder, where I actually never look - Gmail spam filter is incredible, I haven't had a single email lost as a false positive yet (at least none that I know of :) ), and maybe one spam email a month or so lands in the Inbox, while a few hundred are filtered absolutely correctly.

17,754 in my personal account, dating back to about 2007...

4225 (129MB) in Gmail

One of my accounts has 297 emails, the other has 1896. Both have 0 unread. You can guess which I've had for longer and use for spam stuff.

Gmail says I have 12018 since I opened the account September 6th, 2004. All are read.

My 6th year anniversary was 2 days ago. :lol:

2, and they are order tracking and will be deleted when I have received my package. Why keep old Emails?

2, and they are order tracking and will be deleted when I have received my package. Why keep old Emails?

Why not? I've needed some old ones quite a few times and they're easy to search.

According to Gmail i have 420 emails (0 unread) since 2008 (and 350 spam that is automaticly deleted every 30days).
in my ISP-email i have 311 messages (0 unread).

This has to be in the running for the most boring thread award. Others include

- what's the expiry date on the sour cream your fridge
- how high is your coffee table from the floor
- how many units of electricity did you use in May

- i think it's all used as i didn't see any.
- about 50cm.
- i used about 1-2 kw of electricity in May.

A little over 6,000, all of which are read. I don't see why people delete them, a lot of times I want to find an old email so its really helpful to actually have it.

Good hell!

HP: 7 Read
Synapse: 13 Read
Synapse Sales: 4 Read
GMail: 5 Read
Hotmail (SPAM): 352 Unread

I keep my e-mail nice and tidy. A ton of e-mail annoys the shit out of me. Any e-mail worth saving is organized into folders.

I have about 2500 emails in my Gmail inbox, and many more that are archived (total of about 800Mb). I also have 330 in my account on my server. All are read, but I got hopelessly behind on filing them a year or more ago, and I never got around to fixing the problem. Search means that I don't really need to fix it either.

Last edited:
30059 total
0 unread
1437mb

6000ish of those are automated Facebook emails pretty much everything else is actual email i actually care about.

I have about 2500 emails in my Gmail inbox, and many more that are archived (total of about 800Mb). I also have 330 in my account on my server. All are read, but I got hopelessly behind on filing them a year or more ago, and I never got around to fixing the problem. Search means that I don't really need to fix it either.

Do what I did with my desktop, create a "mess" folder and throw everything in there. I was up to 5 mess folders at one point (some containing their own "mess"es). :p