Great Moments in FinalGear History

I have to say one of my favourite moments was Ice's recent hissy fit and neg repping people with "You're hilarious" left, right and centre.

One moment that sticks out in my mind was when Jeremy mentioned on TG about people on the internet decoding what Stig said in morse code. That just had to be a reference to FinalGear, I remember a thread dedicated to the morse code at the time.

Last edited:
There was the time when a few of us were quoted in Hot Rod Magazine (nov '10 issue) with regards to corvette people being pissed about them cutting up a C4.

Attention customers, serious post:

I thought it was pretty awesome when Cabi joined the thread about James' moon programme.

I thought it was pretty awesome when Cabi joined the thread about James' moon programme.

Seconded.

I had not heard of this and you just prompted me to read through the entire thread.

The two documentaries last year by James featuring Cabi and the moon shot were two of my favs, and the coverage and discussions of them were vastly entertaining - especially when Cabi posted.

Agree and Cabi was a nice guy on the Forum as well, just like he was in the documentary.
I wonder if James told him about us at the FinalGear Forum? :think:

The two documentaries last year by James featuring Cabi and the moon shot were two of my favs, and the coverage and discussions of them were vastly entertaining - especially when Cabi posted.

I missed that. Link?

Yeah, that was very cool. :nod:

Hamster's helmet. It was so cool knowing I was posting in the forums that designed and sent it to him.

And how he lost it a few days later.

NECROMANCING!
Why not, better than offtopic.

And how he lost it a few days later.

NECROMANCING!
Why not, better than offtopic.

Did he really? I never heard that part!

How'd it happen?

It was also mentioned on the last page. :p

Richard's long since found it (since at least summer 2008, I believe), and it's back at Casa De Hammond, still being used. No worries.

I would say the entire helmet scenario (conception to final delivery to Richard wearing it on telly) was a great moment. Also: 1001 Uses for The Stig being mentioned in the TG mag and on the website.