British Teen Banned From U.S. for Life After Sending Obscene E-Mail to Obama

LeVeL

Forum Addict
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/09/13/british-teen-banned-life-sending-obscene-e-mail-obama/

A British teenager who sent an e-mail to the White House calling President Obama a "pr*ck" was banned from the U.S. for life, The Sun reported Monday.

The FBI asked local cops to tell college student Luke Angel, 17, that his drunken insult was "unacceptable."

Angel claims he fired off a single e-mail criticizing the U.S. government after seeing a television program about the 9/11 attacks.

He said, "I don't remember exactly what I wrote as I was drunk. But I think I called Barack Obama a pr*ck. It was silly -- the sort of thing you do when you're a teenager and have had a few."

Angel, of Bedford, in central England, said it was "a bit extreme" for the FBI to act.

"The police came and took my picture and told me I was banned from America forever. I don't really care but my parents aren't very happy," he said.

A Bedford Police spokesman confirmed they had spoken to Angel about the e-mail. Officers will take no criminal action.

Joanne Ferreira, of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, said there are about 60 reasons a person can be barred from visiting America.

She said, "We are prohibited from discussing specific cases."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3135327/Obama-rant-Brit-banned-from-US-for-life.html

A BRIT teen who sent an email to the White House calling President Obama a "p***k" has been banned from America FOR LIFE.

The furious FBI asked local cops to tell college student Luke Angel, 17, his drunken insult was "unacceptable". Luke yesterday admitted he fired off a single email criticising the US Government after seeing a TV programme about 9/11.

He said: "I don't remember exactly what I wrote as I was drunk. But I think I called Barack Obama a p***k. It was silly - the sort of thing you do when you're a teenager and have had a few."

Luke, of Silsoe, Beds, said it was "a bit extreme" for the FBI to act.

He added: "The police came and took my picture and told me I was banned from America forever. I don't really care but my parents aren't very happy."

A Beds Police spokesman said: "The individual sent an email to the White House full of abusive and threatening language. We were informed by the Metropolitan Police and went to see him. He said, 'Oh dear, it was me'."

Officers will take no criminal action.

Joanne Ferreira, of the US Department of Homeland Security, said there are about 60 reasons a person can be barred.

She added: "We are prohibited from discussing specific cases."

Attaboy! :lol: Freedom of speech FTMFW!

This is awesome. :lol: The FBI seriously don't have anything better to do? I would've thought Obama gets thousands of emails calling him a "p***k" every day.

Obama is a cunt. Will I be deported now?

The Sun and Fox News, both Murdoch companies. I don't believe a single word.

Oh, right, the goddamn Republicans are spreading lies again :rolleyes:

Nope. I would not believe an article reporting something that fits the agenda of a liberal/leftist news source perfectely as long as it's only reported by them and their affiliates, too. At least i won't believe they'd give me the full story.

Nope. I would not believe an article reporting something that fits the agenda of a liberal/leftist news source perfectely as long as it's only reported by them and their affiliates, too. At least i won't believe they'd give me the full story.
I haven't really looked around to find other sources :dunno: It could have been mentioned somewhere else

I've noticed a few times that news stations can be bias in the other direction too, ie fox news being the only one to cover a touchy story, but they have a video that proves it isn't bullshit on their site so really you can't even tell anymore :dunno:

I haven't really looked around to find other sources :dunno: It could have been mentioned somewhere else

I did a quick googling and all non-murdoch sources i find explicitely name the Sun article as their source.

How about the New York Daily ?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...ed_states_for_life_for_offensive_email_t.html

The Daily News of New York City is the fifth most-widely circulated daily newspaper in the United States with a daily circulation of 632,595, as of June 13, 2009.

Owned by Mortimer Zuckerman (current editor-in-chief of U.S. News & World Report)

In addition to his publishing and real-estate interests, Zuckerman is also a frequent commentator on world affairs, both as an editorialist and on television. He regularly appears on MSNBC and The McLaughlin Group and writes columns for U.S. News & World Report and the New York Daily News.

Since the late 1970s, Zuckerman has donated more than $68,000 to American political candidates with $42,700 going to Democratic politicians and $24,000 to independent interests.

On July 12, 2010, Zuckerman claimed in an interview that he helped to write one of President Barack Obama's political speeches. Long-time Obama speechwriters Jon Favreau and Ben Rhodes disputed the claim and asserted that neither "has ever met or spoken to Mort Zuckerman." Zuckerman later published a clarification of his remarks, stating that his help had come in the form of private conversations with various political officials in which he had offered advice and perspective on different issues.

Hows that for all you non-believers.

Last edited:
You must call CrazyRussian540 a pr*ck before he can be banned from ever receiving rep again.

Found that, too. Explicitely refers to The Sun as their source.
Right, because they were the ones that interviewed him.

Found that, too. Explicitely refers to The Sun as their source.

Ok, but if it were BS, would what seems like a very liberal news source be giving it this attention?

I don't believe this is true, but if it is so what? A country has the right to expel or ban any non-citizen it wishes.

I don't believe this is true, but if it is so what? A country has the right to expel or ban any non-citizen it wishes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_individuals_banned_from_entering_the_United_Kingdom

Read the reason all those are banned. I don't think any of those are equal to calling the PM or a Queen a prick/cunt.

What if the kid wants to work for an American company? Or his company wants to send him here for vacation? Or if he wants to honeymoon in Hawaii? All those bring money to the country, but it can't happen because the FBI overreacted.

EDIT:

Also, those fuckers (sorry, but there isn't any other word) over at the Westboro Baptist Church are allowed to spread their messages, and this kid isn't allowed into the country? By this logic, the WBC should be completely deported..... to Antarctica.

Last edited:
Banning someone from ever entering the country just because they cursed out the President, is a bit extreme, no? Never mind the fact that this just says "fuck you" to freedom of speech.

Apparently it originated here: http://www.bedfordshire-news.co.uk/News/Teen-is-banned-from-USA-over-Obama-hate-email.htm
Posted a day before the Sun or the NY Daily.
Alright, so that's now what, four sources?