MLB '10 Regular Season Thread

Odds of a Cincinatti implosion?

This:

Under a headline that said "A new book certain to be a best seller" was the fake book title: "How to Finish Near Last Place with the Highest Payroll in the League."

The release said: "Read in Jim Hendry's own words how the Chicago Cubs managed to finish near the bottom of the National League Central; Division with the highest payroll in the National League."

It also said the chapters included:

"Why I signed Milton Bradley!"

"Why I released Casey McGehee only to see him hit 20 home runs and drive in nearly 100 runs for a division rival!"

"Why I hired former Pittsburgh general manager Dave Littlefield, the man who helped make the Pirates what they are today, as my special assistant!"

"How I botched the recall of Micah Hoffpauir from our minor league team in Iowa by losing track of the number of days that he was in the minors!"

"Why I signed players to long-term contracts with limited trade options!"

The release ended with the sentence: "Reserve your copy today!"

Hendry is not in Milwaukee for the road trip. The Cubs had no comment on the alleged joke. About three dozen copies were inserted alongside the Cubs and Brewers press notes.

(Yes, people in glass houses, yada yada yada, but damned if I didn't laugh. :lmao:)

Last edited:
Sabathia wins #20
Rox kick some more ass
Philles stay hot
Cubs win 5 in a row.....
Torre to retire
Thread's dead as dirt

Thread's dead because its locked up so early and all our teams are on the outside looking in. :/

Sox held in there, but failed to get shit done.

I'm on the Rockies/Rays bandwaggon for the time being just to try to make shit interesting.

Thread's dead because its locked up so early and all our teams are on the outside looking in. :/
Freaking fair-weather fans... :p

Anyway, I'm conflicted because Kershaw is getting absolutely rocked today and killing my fantasy ratios, but....... the Rox are doing the rocking, so fuck it. :D

Edit: Cubs win 6th in a row with this lineup:

Fuld
Barney
Baker
Hoffpauir
Colvin
Scales
Snyder
Castillo
Samardzija

13 runs from... that! God is cruel.

Last edited:
Twins clinch! I love the way that entire organization is run.

Ozzie may be leaving town and LaRussa looks like he's going to be gone as well. I'm absolutely devastated about both pieces of news..... :p

What? Where are you getting this?
I assume you mean La Russa? He hasn't come and said he's gone, but it's not really up to him at this point; there are rumors all over the place from respectable sources. The FO has reportedly questioned him a lot lately and his contract is up. (Rasmus fiasco, Ludwick trade, direction of the team, etc.)

As for Ozzie... I think it's self explanatory. :p

Don't support the Twins! Why do you have to hate? We're the good guys down here! :(

I'm on the Rockies/Rays bandwaggon for the time being just to try to make shit interesting.

0.jpg

The Rays are fun because it proves that small market teams with no following can succeed with smart coaching, even if nobody shows up to their games.

The Rays are fun because it proves that small market teams with no following can succeed with smart coaching, even if nobody shows up to their games.

I was just reminded of a date I went on in college. The conversation turned to sports and the girl claimed to love baseball and said she was a fan of the Red Sox and Yankees. I took all the resolve I had not to leave at that very moment.

I was just reminded of a date I went on in college. The conversation turned to sports and the girl claimed to love baseball and said she was a fan of the Red Sox and Yankees. I took all the resolve I had not to leave at that very moment.
Why didn't you?

Giants accuse Rockies of cheating.

Timmy certainly looks like he's saying, "Fucking juiced ball. Bullshit.". I find it hard to believe that a team could get away with something like switching balls for so long without anyone noticing. Recently, there have been some articles written on the subject here and there, but I truly hope there's nothing behind these accusations.

No way. There are too many peons and too many factors involved in something like that for it to benefit a team.