Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

I have not, I prefer to keep this transmission as long as possible thanks. :lol: I'm sure it would work.

Oh, and it's no dual-clutch, just a standard torque converter autotragic.

Fit smaller tires. :p

I need to wander in here more often. :3 Yep, mine's in the process of self-grenading right now. It should have 170 hp, but it's an ?berdurpy gutless turd at the moment, so...yeeeeaaaahhh nooooo. The leaky exhaust manifold probably doesn't help, but the engine's going to die before I even graduate, so I can't really see the point in putting any money into fixing it.

The V6 version of this car supposedly isn't a }*%! lemon, but the fourbanger is simply unforgivable. :mad:

The leaky exhaust manifold is part of the reason it is so gutless. Why you ask. Becuase it is letting air get to the O2 sensor and throwing off what is going on and the computer is under the impression that more fuel is needed. It is costing you really poor performance and gas mileage. Anytime there is an exhaust leak above the O2 sensor, and as far as 2 feet below it, can cause these problems. Some high temp JB welb should be able to fix the problem if it is a leak around one of the tubes.

This Victoria seems to sleep around alot.

I saw this today, and I can't imagine that its legal.

https://pic.armedcats.net/h/hb/hbriz/2010/09/17/17092010s.jpg

Has he done it himself in a buffering accident or has it just happened?

By the way, I'm referring to the lettering on the number plate. Not being Victorian, which is also a strange thing :p

the license plate on my parents car looked like that for ages. but one day they found a note under the wiper that they had to get it recolored and come show it at the police station within 2 weeks or a fine would follow...

It occurred to me before that I had never encountered the caravan jam issue top gear talks about all the time, today I realized why as I passed 3 of them on 495. They were going about 70 I would estimate, probably due to the fact they were all being towed by those oversized pickups they hate so much in europe, so even though they were the small house sized caravans they probably would be faster than some of the ecoboxes they sell overseas :lmao:

Also what would cause my brake light, blinker, and gas gauge to all go haywire at once. Please tell me it's not the computer and just the shoddy electrics :|

I can haz Audi R8 model?

Those magnets seem a tad strong.

Helicopter crashes on Pikes Peak during filming
By the CNN Wire Staff
September 17, 2010 2:06 p.m. EDT
STORY HIGHLIGHTS

(CNN) -- A helicopter carrying four people crashed Friday morning on Colorado's Pikes Peak, authorities said.

Rescue crews took one person to the hospital by helicopter and three others by ambulance, but their conditions were not immediately known, said Teresa Murphy of the El Paso County Sheriff's Department.

It was not clear what caused the crash, which happened in clear weather, she said.

The helicopter was filming a commercial for Audi, Murphy said. It went down around 7:30 a.m. about a mile below the 14,110-foot summit, said Lt. Lari Sevene.

In a statement, Audi said the crew was filming a test run of the "Autonomous Audi TTS Pikes Peak," a program among Audi, the Electronic Research Laboratory in Palo Alto, California, and Stanford University.

Its goal involves driving up Pikes Peak without a driver behind the wheel "to demonstrate the capabilities of advanced driver assistance systems and GPS," the statement said.

The car was not involved in the incident.

The research activities on Pikes Peak have been suspended, it said.

Source

Hope everyone is okay...

Source

Hope everyone is okay...

From what I've heard, the pilot is in stable condition and the three passangers should be soon released. Maybe they should have had an automated helicopter too? The car didn't crash, after all.

EDIT: All four occupants have been released:
http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=153358&catid=339

A spokesperson for Memorial Hospital in Colorado Springs says all four passengers in the helicopter have been released.

Last edited:

:lol: I like this kind of marketing!

A stormtrooper? what? :blink: do they just walk around everywere in the states? :blink:
I thought that was a convention thing ........

A stormtrooper? what? :blink: do they just walk around everywere in the states? :blink:
I thought that was a convention thing ........

The video appears to have been shot in Toronto. The Toronto Fan Expo was just on a couple of weeks ago. It's basically the Canadian version of Comic-Con.

Star Wars fans are every where. The ultra geeks in the suits/costumes are around more often than most peeps believe.

Star Wars fans are every where. The ultra geeks in the suits/costumes are around more often than most peeps believe.

I hear this is one in this very form. :eek:

On an unrelated topic, someone backed into my friend's Corvette (yes this is the friend from the Q&A threads). Thankfully it was only a little scrape. Plastic has its advantages. :p

Last edited: