The Lotus Elite - faster, more expensive and more wire harness smoke!

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET, although judging from pic No.2 I think the bonet (hood) is a touch too wide, I hope it's just the angle. For all the fist shakers who believe lotus should stick to only making nimble super-lightweights, well I happen to disagree this thing will still be light for a GT and I am possitive Lotus have given this a hell of chassis as always.
+
https://pic.armedcats.net/m/mo/motorloon1993/2010/09/20/lotus_esprit-2002-L.jpghttps://pic.armedcats.net/m/mo/motorloon1993/2010/09/20/5b38_19-L.jpghttps://pic.armedcats.net/m/mo/motorloon1993/2010/09/20/Image019.gifhttps://pic.armedcats.net/m/mo/motorloon1993/2010/09/20/type72-1970-1975.jpg

V8 + Lotus = Win

i like it!

I was worried but not so much anymore. 3300lbs for a car with that sort of power wlll be astonishingly fast to drive, and I trust Lotus in making it handle. And then we get to the looks, and it's glorious.

Just remember, the 599 has similar power and weighs almost a half ton more.

Holy crap that thing is beautiful! :w00t: :jawdrop:

Wow! Go Lotus. It should be brilliant, so let's hope it really is. :thumbsup:

I'm just going to go right out on a limb and say all the haters will be converted as soon as the reviews/videos start to come in, if not before. Look at the picture of the Esprit that was posted above. Does that car look like any other Lotus that came before it? No, it doesn't, but everyone loves that car. A lot of you wish this was lighter, and so do I, but even I have to admit that's pretty good for a 2+2 by modern standards. And come on. This is Lotus we're talking about. It will be brilliant to drive. If it's not, then we can all bitch about it.

And if it does end up with the IS-F V8 under the hood, it will sound brilliant as well. I do hope the convertible is optional though, if they do end up giving it a folding hardtop.

I think it looks great, but still too heavy. I don't want Lotus to become another generic super car maker.

I like it. I think the folding hard top is retarded, but meh you have to remember the type of people who actually buy cars that expensive. They sadly have different priorities. My vote would have been to give the thing a targa like the hard top elises.

Looking at this, I think they have the Ferrari California squarely in their crosshair...

I'm rather worried about the direction the company appears to be taking, but I'll reserve judgment until reviews start coming in. One thing's certain though, it looks stunning.

I was worried but not so much anymore. 3300lbs for a car with that sort of power wlll be astonishingly fast to drive, and I trust Lotus in making it handle. And then we get to the looks, and it's glorious.

Just remember, the 599 has similar power and weighs almost a half ton more.

It's not 3300 lbs, it's 3640 lbs (tonnes not tons). Sure, it's got 620 hp to haul it around, but that's a bit heavy for a Lotus. If it's saddled with a folding metal top, though, that makes it more understandable.

I just realized something:

The Lotus Elite pictured here will be the 'base' model. After two years of production (or perhaps just one if sales boom), they'll come out with a couple of lightened, more hard-core versions and/or special editions.

I see an 'Elite S', with a slight bump in power, stiffer suspension, and requisite carbon fiber part replacements showing on the body.

Then perhaps a 'Lotus Excite', an Elite with a standard carbon-fiber roof (instead of PRHT), and few other less important tweaks... with an 'Excite'-track-day-version that replaces windows with plastic and door-handles with cloth pulls (a-la-Boxter Spyder).

Ohhhhh, now I'm all excited for Lotus again!

I can't believe it, But I'm actually the first person to comment on the rearview mirrors.

Looking at this, I think they have the Ferrari California squarely in their crosshair...

It looks nicer than a California, so thats a good start.

Lets hope the interior is well designed, preferably well screwed together and that it drives properly.

I still want mine with the LF-A's V10 though :(

That noise, a convertible and a tunnel :heart:

I like it. And I'm glad it doesn't look like another Elise. They've been making that one model and modifying it a bit here and there for what, 15 years?
What I don't like is the 2+2. Honestly, it's pointless. No rear leg room, I guess it's for children?
Other than that, the styling is nice and modern, it looks like an angry beast. And it's curvy. So that's sex and aggression covered there, tickles the primitive men.

It looks like a 456 without popups.
And it's heavier, less powerful and twice as expensive as a ZR1, and you can't get a proper manual.
Not to mention it'll undoubtedly be less reliable. No thanks.

It looks like a 456 without popups.
And it's heavier, less powerful and twice as expensive as a ZR1, and you can't get a proper manual.
Not to mention it'll undoubtedly be less reliable. No thanks.

I keep forgetting how incredible the ZR1 is for the price.

haters-gonna-hate-kid.jpg

It's a Lotus
It's a V8
It's GORGEOUS on a level previously only by Alfa Design
what the hell else do you need.